Does anyone know where rack makers get their tubs? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 10-11-2018, 09:40 AM   #1
Harrycarey15
Does anyone know where rack makers get their tubs?

Hello all,
I am needing a custom size for someI have a rack that was made for Sterilite 23Lx16.25Wx6H, which is way to big for my juvenile bp's. Does anyone know where I could get something like this? Also does anyone know where the big rack makers like Vision or TGR get their tubs made?

Old 10-11-2018, 12:35 PM   #2
AbsoluteApril
Most rack manufactures use existing tubs on the market, usually sterilite. Some don't provide tubs and advise which ones to get which you can pick up at Walmart/Target type places.
I believe Vision and Freedom Breeder offer their own branded tubs, I do not know if they manufacture them or where they procure them though.

Old 10-11-2018, 12:47 PM   #3
Lucille
Jonathan have you tried running a search on Amazon for the size you want?

Old 10-11-2018, 01:27 PM   #4
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycarey15 View Post
Hello all,
I am needing a custom size for someI have a rack that was made for Sterilite 23Lx16.25Wx6H, which is way to big for my juvenile bp's. Does anyone know where I could get something like this? Also does anyone know where the big rack makers like Vision or TGR get their tubs made?
Those are the Sterilite 28 qt tubs. I think the 16 and 32 qt tubs are the same height which is why you can find racks designed to accept both of those sizes.

When my little noodles were at an in-between size I used the Sterilite Large Clip Box containers to accommodate them. It's not tall so you'd need to keep the lids on and put the box back in the rack so it sit on the heat tape. Even though it's shallow it provides a nice amount of floor space and mine did fine in them until they were ready to move to a 32 quart rack.
http://www.sterilite.com/SelectProdu...ry=0&section=0

Old 10-11-2018, 01:47 PM   #5
Harrycarey15
Hello thank you for responding! Ive looked pretty much everywhere for them. For some reason i had a brain fart and totally forgot i could just leave the locking lids on them! Haha

Old 10-11-2018, 04:35 PM   #6
Socratic Monologue
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
Most rack manufactures use existing tubs on the market, usually sterilite. Some don't provide tubs and advise which ones to get which you can pick up at Walmart/Target type places.
I believe Vision and Freedom Breeder offer their own branded tubs, I do not know if they manufacture them or where they procure them though.
Vision makes their own tubs, and they are much higher quality than Sterilite and Rubbermaid. Unfortunately for the OP they make a tub to replace the Rubbermaid 28 qt (23 x 16 x 5.75) but not the Sterilite 28qt.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!