New Dragon - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-19-2007, 07:46 PM   #1
cspencer2
New Dragon

I just got a new dragon for my son.He's 4 months old 14 in long and very healthy. Draco eats Crikets,mill worms, and dragonfly larve like candy. We have tryed to give him vegies but he will not eat them.We wraped them around the insects but he just eats the insects and spits out the vegies.Are there any tips on how to get him to eat his vegies? Or is it nessary to get him to eat them. Any advice or info will be good to get .
Thanks

Old 10-19-2007, 07:57 PM   #2
collisonzoo
Congratulations on your new pet! We give our dragons veggies first thing in the morning and then give them their crickets in the afternoon. They are usually hungry in the morning, and if all they have available is veggies, they tend to eat them. If you are giving him his fill of insects, he will most likely not eat his veggies. (Just like a little kid! ) However, at 4 months, many dragons are not very interested in veggies. As long as he's getting a varied diet and growing well, I wouldn't be too worried about it. Keep offering him veggies, and he'll eat them when he's ready.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!