Falys..where to draw the line??? - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Chameleons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-07-2012, 08:38 PM   #81
clarkrw3
Ok well lets see some animals and get this back on track. Leave the back and forth and get back to discussing what Faly's should look like.

This is Dhaulagiri

And here is Maromokotro

Old 04-07-2012, 09:36 PM   #82
fearaffect
WOW....you all are acting like a bunch of AKC Dog Breeders fighting over who's lines are purer or have genetic problems and such n such........sad....BUT very amusing.

Old 04-08-2012, 02:55 AM   #83
aceg
*eating popcorn*

Old 04-08-2012, 09:25 AM   #84
mcleodschams
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkrw3 View Post
Ok well lets see some animals and get this back on track. Leave the back and forth and get back to discussing what Faly's should look like.

This is Dhaulagiri

And here is Maromokotro

are these showing the different rostral foration of a faly(1st pic) and ambanja cross (second pic)?????????

Old 04-08-2012, 11:02 AM   #85
robmd1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcleodschams View Post
are these showing the different rostral foration of a faly(1st pic) and ambanja cross (second pic)?????????
they are both falys

Old 04-08-2012, 11:09 AM   #86
clarkrw3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcleodschams View Post

Ok...Now we are getting somewhere. I would love it if others would post pictures of their animals as well!!

So Steve, what about the second animal makes you think cross? Keep in mind that that animal is about 24g in those pictures and a week prior didn't have any rostral process to speak of. Do we expect the rostral process to turn down from day one or it's a cross? Or does it grow down as it develops? The second animal has a similar split in the rostral just like the first. What about color or pattern makes you think that second animal is a cross? It has "red rain" in all the same areas as the first including the inside of the legs. It has a greenish/blue just like the first that when excited can go to an aqua but never truly blue, always displaying a hue of green. The barring pattern is nott highly defined in either animal.

I really would like to get away from the attacks and defending and into really discussing what people feel constitutes a cross or a Pure animal. Like the title says "where do we draw the line" with this highly polarizing locale???

Old 04-08-2012, 01:44 PM   #87
Texas Ranger
A turned down rostral foration has nothing to do with the locale being a faly I have 3 wc falys and non have the turned down rostral.... And I am getting a 4th one soon that dosent have down rostral foration it is all on each chameleon how they turn out. I have ambanjas that have the rostral foration turned down and i have a buddy that has a ambi and a Nosy be that has the turn down rostral foration so this IMO is not a good judgement of locale....

Old 04-08-2012, 01:45 PM   #88
Texas Ranger
And split and not split in any locale...

Old 04-08-2012, 02:11 PM   #89
clarkrw3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Ranger View Post
A turned down rostral foration has nothing to do with the locale being a faly I have 3 wc falys and non have the turned down rostral.... And I am getting a 4th one soon that dosent have down rostral foration it is all on each chameleon how they turn out. I have ambanjas that have the rostral foration turned down and i have a buddy that has a ambi and a Nosy be that has the turn down rostral foration so this IMO is not a good judgement of locale....
Awesome Lee thanks!! So If it's not the Rostral what? What can you point out in the animals I posted that make you think one way or another? Also I would love it if you posted up your animals. Specially if you have any pictures of rostrals to make your point above.

Old 04-08-2012, 02:32 PM   #90
Texas Ranger
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkrw3 View Post
Awesome Lee thanks!! So If it's not the Rostral what? What can you point out in the animals I posted that make you think one way or another? Also I would love it if you posted up your animals. Specially if you have any pictures of rostrals to make your point above.
I am out and about for the day so as soon as I get a sec. I will post some up. I have noticed it is the head and body shape and of course color that makes the locale. Falys seem to have a more formed point ant the back of there heads behind the fat pads. And falys seem to be smaller bodied locale but long .... As for color there is red rain green to blue color in the bars and a off white background that flashes a bleach white in moods all this is in my wc i have. there is a misconception that falys are white all the time this is just not true at least with wc I am in the process of proving out ch falys right now so there will show some nice differences in ch and cb soon if they prove to be that locale. but there bodys are already long and they are getting the red rain inn.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!