Can't mention a certain website? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 05:39 PM   #1
JohnRougeux
Can't mention a certain website?

Seeing as how I'm not a big poster here or anything and I tend to only browse the classifies with the semi-detour into the BOI...it was brought to my attention during this thread that a certain other reptile site can't be mentioned.

And it's only that site, apparently.

What I want to know is why? Where is there on this site that says members are not allowed to talk about them? Isn't that a bit childish?

I was told:
Quote:
it's not relevant to this discussion and probably best if the subject is dropped
Now relevant to that discussion...maybe, maybe not. But best if dropped?

I googled it, I searched for it, but can't seem to find any relevant information on why the **** aka ****** can't be mentioned. I think mentioning it here should be ok since it's the topic. (oh, and nice word filter you have there...it vanishes if you post the letters together.)

At a time when things are all up in a ruckus with Andrew Wyatt leaving USARK; Ohio passing some crazy ban; and HSUS pursuing legislation, I think it's high-time that we all unite and form a common bond. It ONLY benefits us if we do. Like the saying goes: United we stand, divided we fall.

Sorry, that's 2 subjects, but good questions IMO.

Old 01-03-2013, 05:44 PM   #2
WebSlave
Well, you KNOW I don't want that reference on my site, yet you did it again.

I presume you are doing it just to try to get a rise out of me with malicious intent.

One more time and you are gone from here.

Old 01-03-2013, 05:53 PM   #3
JohnRougeux
Wait, that makes no sense. If I'm talking about a specific website that shouldn't be mentioned here, how is ANYONE else to know what not to mention?

I'm not trying to get a rise out of you with malicious intent..it was an honest question. I mentioned it here so that future visitors to your site will know that it has been discussed and which one not to mention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
There is a Feedback Forum here on this site where such discussions concerning policies and procedures are more appropriate.

I started a new thread like you asked....and apparently there is no discussion?

You didn't answer my questions. I'm not trying to create something, but your reactions are making more of it than it should.

Old 01-03-2013, 06:03 PM   #4
WebSlave
Spend some time over on that site and maybe you can figure it out.

And my EXACT quote in that other thread was:
Quote:
There is a Feedback Forum here on this site where such discussions concerning policies and procedures are more appropriate.

Old 01-03-2013, 06:37 PM   #5
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRougeux View Post

I'm not trying to get a rise out of you .
Bologna.

A post to me in that same thread:
Quote:

Oh, and btw, if your only rebuttal is that I don't have all my facts cause I mistakenly thought you did represent this site....well....look at my response again and see if there's anything else you want to chime in on
It sure sounds like all you are about is calling folks out.

Old 01-03-2013, 06:45 PM   #6
JohnRougeux
Quote:
Spend some time over on that site and maybe you can figure it out.

And my EXACT quote in that other thread was:
I am a member there, but I don't read all the threads there. I am friends with Larry, the owner, but that doesn't mean I don't look at other sites.

I guess that there is no real discussion then. You didn't even answer my questions. :/

Is there no way to have a civil discussion?

And I quoted you exactly, so not sure why you quoted yourself again?

Old 01-03-2013, 06:51 PM   #7
JohnRougeux
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Bologna.

A post to me in that same thread:

It sure sounds like all you are about is calling folks out.
That's because you only focused on ONE thing that I said rather than my whole post.

I even apologized

Quote:
Wow, really? I always thought you were a moderator or something, sorry. Then I retract what I said earlier.

My post wasn't meant to hush anyone up. How can I do that when I am a member here like you? Am I not allowed to speak my mind?
you are ignoring this thread topic. I was told by webslave to start a new thread. I did, and you come in here to chime in with your 2 cents. Not about the topic, but about me.

And what REALLY kills me is that my oldest sister died from cancer back in 2008. Her name was Lucille. So I dislike arguing or whatever with that name.

Old 01-03-2013, 06:57 PM   #8
Shadera
Quote:
I am friends with Larry, the owner
Then why don't you ask him rather than continuing to poke the bear? Rich doesn't want the name mentioned, and fauna is his site to make the rules for.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:07 PM   #9
JohnRougeux
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadera View Post
Then why don't you ask him rather than continuing to poke the bear? Rich doesn't want the name mentioned, and fauna is his site to make the rules for.
Because I didn't know it was against the rules until last night and since it is on this site, shouldn't I ask webslave?

If the roles were reversed and I was at TFTSNBN, then I would ask Larry. As it is, the rule is here....somewhere....

And that's only half of my topic.

Please read the rest of the original post.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:48 PM   #10
ReptilesForEver
I would like to know if it was a rule. then why would you not post it as a rule. I thought I was being nice what I did a screen shot that no one could see where from to show what waren he was saying. as he said a lot more on the other site that was not said here. Webslave said no 3rd party posting if it could not be backed up. so I did a screen shot of just his words. I get infraction. said when there was a lot more info at the time and I was stopped from letting people have it. I too don't post on here much at all, but I still have always paid to this site. I now don't know if I will ever post animals or pay to be part of site again being I was shot down and given no good reason for it. I can under stand you dont want that site named here. fine it your site. But post that in rules and don't give infractions when a person has no Idea and clam the infraction as something that had nothing to do with what I did. I made it so no one could see where my screen shot was from. I see the real reason of why you say what you do about Democracy, cause It is a Totalitarianism here. People all need to come together for the greater good of us keeping our reptiles.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread