Bad Guy Outbackreptiles.com - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-01-2009, 10:03 AM   #41
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh@Outbackreps View Post
When I was packing her order I packed up a group of babies by mistake that were the ones we were holding back to work with to get them back on track. I was a mistake on my part and I take full responsibility for the mix up with the wrong babies getting sent.
Good grief man, do you not look at what you are packing? There is no excuse whatsoever for sending out animals that look like that. You should be ashamed for sending out animals in that condition.

And if those are the kinds of animals you accept for trade then you may want to consider upgrading the quality of animals you take in because there is no getting those back on track and you know it.

Old 12-01-2009, 10:13 AM   #42
Artistry Exotics
How can you not notice that the animals you're packing are on death's door? Or, what do the leopard geckos you normally sell look like that they could so easily be confused with these?

Thank you for posting this Jazmin! I'm glad it was not swept under the rug and the pictures were posted for everyone to see.

Old 12-01-2009, 10:25 AM   #43
Mike Schultz
My name is Mike and I work at Outback Reptiles caring for our animals.

Sometimes when we buy large lots of geckos from people, they will toss in a few messed up, skinny, neglected geckos for free because they simply don't want to deal with them. (lots of times the enigmas but I wont go into that here). I am not like that. I always work with the geckos that come in like that to try to get them into a condition that, if maybe they aren't quite sellable (in the case of the metabolic ones), than at least able to be adopted out at a show as a pet.

Josh already explained his mistake in grabbing a couple of the wrong geckos. Hopefully a simple mistake like this (that was corrected immediately following contact with the ACTUAL CUSTOMER) won't steer people away from us as a seller.

-Mike Schultz, Outback Reptiles

Old 12-01-2009, 10:31 AM   #44
JordanAng420
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAND View Post
Good grief man, do you not look at what you are packing? There is no excuse whatsoever for sending out animals that look like that. You should be ashamed for sending out animals in that condition.

And if those are the kinds of animals you accept for trade then you may want to consider upgrading the quality of animals you take in because there is no getting those back on track and you know it.

Old 12-01-2009, 10:45 AM   #45
KelliH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Schultz View Post
My name is Mike and I work at Outback Reptiles caring for our animals.

Sometimes when we buy large lots of geckos from people, they will toss in a few messed up, skinny, neglected geckos for free because they simply don't want to deal with them. (lots of times the enigmas but I wont go into that here). I am not like that. I always work with the geckos that come in like that to try to get them into a condition that, if maybe they aren't quite sellable (in the case of the metabolic ones), than at least able to be adopted out at a show as a pet.

Josh already explained his mistake in grabbing a couple of the wrong geckos. Hopefully a simple mistake like this (that was corrected immediately following contact with the ACTUAL CUSTOMER) won't steer people away from us as a seller.

-Mike Schultz, Outback Reptiles
They toss in messed up, skinny, neglected geckos because they don't want to deal with them. I think that is one of the most disgusting things I have ever read on this forum. I know, I know, some here might roll their eyes and think I am overreacting but take a second look at the condition those leopard geckos are in. Starving, dehydrated, metabolic bone disease! Crap like this makes me kind of ashamed to be a leopard gecko breeder. It really does. Anyone that allows their geckos to deteriorate to the point that the ones above were at should not be keeping any animals period, whether it is the folks at Outback Reptile or their suppliers. And how in the world could anyone mistake those geckos for healthy ones unless they are blind!? Give me a break.

Old 12-01-2009, 10:54 AM   #46
Mike Schultz
I didnt say it was a good practice. But when they do I always do my best to help out the animals.

Old 12-01-2009, 11:12 AM   #47
DAND
Quote:
I didnt say it was a good practice. But when they do I always do my best to help out the animals.
There is no excuse for allowing an animal's health to deteriorate like that. That abuse did not just happen over night. It was prolonged abuse and neglect. To accept any animals from someone who practices such poor animal husbandry is unacceptable. To resell these animals under any circumstances is bad business to say the very least.

Old 12-01-2009, 11:56 AM   #48
Mike Schultz
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAND View Post
There is no excuse for allowing an animal's health to deteriorate like that. That abuse did not just happen over night. It was prolonged abuse and neglect. To accept any animals from someone who practices such poor animal husbandry is unacceptable. To resell these animals under any circumstances is bad business to say the very least.
What should happen then? Should the animal be euthanized when a few weeks of heavy feeding are all it needs to bounce back and become a good pet for somebody? I know some people are just in it for the money but I try to give every animal a chance. Its much more rewarding when you care about the animals.

Again, its unfortunate that a couple animals went out that weren't supposed to. Since the OP's problem has been resolved I don't see how this thread is heading anywhere constructive.

Old 12-01-2009, 12:30 PM   #49
ForkedTung
Quote:
Sometimes ... they will toss in a few messed up, skinny, neglected geckos for free because they simply don't want to deal with them.
Interesting, Sound almost exactly like what happened in this situation as well ?

Old 12-01-2009, 12:38 PM   #50
JordanAng420
What should happen, is the customer should be refunded in full, AND your company should be held responsible for any/all veterinary care for the animals that will most likely be required in the future.

Then what should happen, is that your company should find a wholesale dealer who doesn't pawn off their sick animals on you, so that this "mistake" doesn't happen again.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
mike schultz, outback reptiles