Albuquerque Milk Snakes - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Kingsnakes & Milksnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-23-2006, 01:44 PM   #1
shredder
Albuquerque Milk Snakes

A guy named Jim Kane in Tucson, AZ use to have a breeding group of these. Does anybody know who he sold them to or where I might obtain some specimens?

Old 06-23-2006, 01:48 PM   #2
sixgunsun1177
Albuquerque Milksnakes? Sounds nice but, that's the first I've heard of it.

I'm interested to see what you find out, keep me posted.

nmmilksnake@yahoo.com

Old 06-23-2006, 01:57 PM   #3
shredder
RE:Albuquerque milks

They were great animals, I had a trio at one time. Jim told me that you could triple clutch them with no problems if you fed them really well.

Old 06-23-2006, 02:01 PM   #4
reptilebreeder
I bought a bunch of his variables, and locality alterna, when he got out of the biz. Don't know who got any milks.

Old 06-23-2006, 02:09 PM   #5
old guy
if I'm not mistaken

and i don't believe that i am, these are celaenops and vary slightly in color from different ranges. They are not of huge size and consider one of the smaller species of milks/tri-color milks. The most sought after ones seem yo come from west Texas of the Big Bend region where I have personally found 7 in 30 years. The ones there seem to be some what smaller but fairly bright in color. All range of the celaenops seem to do good in captivity except for the feeding of very young ones or neonates due to size e ? Note : the New Mexican/celaenops of the Big Bend area is in fact called the Big Bend Milk Snake.........

Old 06-23-2006, 02:14 PM   #6
Nathan Wells
I seem to remember seeing those particular animals for sale a while back. I believe they were Albuquerque locality New Mexican milks (L.t. celaenops) and I am not real sure where they headed off to or of who might have purchased them. My friend Ric Blair keeps an incredible collection of locality animals (River Road and Black Gap, Sanderson and Alpine, TX) but I am not sure if he works with the ones from Alburqueque.
Good luck and I hope you track them down.
Nathan Wells

Old 06-23-2006, 05:11 PM   #7
Junkyard
www.applegatereptiles.com may have some, give Bob a call and ask if he has any for sale, he has them listed on his price list for $100, but it has not been updated since April.

www.eastbayvivarium.com has them on their price list for sale for $100

Those are the only two I can find.

Old 06-24-2006, 07:28 PM   #8
shredder
Applegates celenops

His animals are of Texas origin, but thank you for trying to help!

Old 07-08-2007, 03:24 PM   #9
jkpb
Albuquerques

Those were Albuquerque locality New Mexico milks (celaenops) that I produced back then. I'm surprised that you can't find any out there, as I produced well over 400 of them, and they did, in fact, triple clutch quite easily for me. The babies also did very well on pinks.

I'm sorry I don't have any names of who might have them, but they surely must be out there. Another guy who posts here has a bigger challenge, he is seeking some of the undescribed milks I worked with, and those were a small group, hopefully not lost forever. Good luck in your search.

Old 05-18-2012, 08:21 AM   #10
KcTrader
I know this is a 6yr old thread but I am just wondering if anyone was able to track down any of these animals?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!