Inquiry sixgunsun1177 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-14-2017, 10:49 PM   #1
tcp2
sixgunsun1177

I purchased a pair of ball pythons last Friday from sixgunsun1177. Male black pastel pied, and a black pastel het pied female. I sent him $800.00 through paypal. I have emailed, sent a private message, texted and called him a minimum of 8 times since then. No response. He has them marked a sold. I am not getting a warm and fuzzy feeling about this transaction. Did anyone else also send him money for these animals? Thanks. Tom

Old 09-14-2017, 11:35 PM   #2
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcp2 View Post
No response.
Curious since he was just here today.
Attached Images

Old 09-15-2017, 12:06 AM   #3
sixgunsun1177
Tim called sold on a pair of snake and said he'd pay that day. He doesn't and same thing next day. So I followed up to make sure he was still going to purchase the snakes. It didn't matter because other buyers are waiting to pay. Tim again failed to pay the second day. After two days of saying he would pay and nothing, I accepted payment from somebody else. As soon as Tim realize they were sold he was very anxious to "pay."But as you can see by the attached photo he has failed to do so. His check was declined by his bank.
Attached Images

Old 09-15-2017, 01:27 AM   #4
tcp2
Payment

I have no idea why my bank declined payment.I made sure there was enough money in the account before I sent the payment. There is plenty of money in the account. I paid him on Friday night as promised. He never contacted me that there was a problem. I first contacted him on Thursday that I wanted to purchase the snakes. Friday morning he asked if I still wanted to purchase them. I told him yes that I would pay that day. He obviously took payment from someone. He has not had the decency to let me know that he took payment. I will cancel the paypal payment. My guess is he sold them for more money. What a waste of time.

Old 09-15-2017, 01:34 AM   #5
tcp2
Payment

The date of the paypal problem was on 9/12/17. Days after he would not take my call. There was plenty of money in the account when I made the payment and there still is. He never contacted me to say there was a problem.I made a $200.00 payment on the night that we agreed to and asked him to contact me if he received the payment and I would send the rest right out. He never responded again, even after I had sent the $800.00 on 9/09/12. It is now 6 days later and he will only respond to a Board of Inquiry post.

Old 09-15-2017, 01:46 AM   #6
tcp2
payment

I went back through the email trail. First contact twice on 9/07/17. I said I wanted them and how would you like to be paid. He said I have a good reputation so paypal was fine. He contacted me on again on 9/08/17 and said other people were interested, when was I going to pay. I replied that I would transfer money into the account attached to paypal and pay soon. I sent money that evening. I asked him to contact me when he received the money. He refunded the money which did not make any sense, so I resent the $800.00 and continued to try to contact him. Never had the balls to answer any contacts. It will not be the first or last time that people this on transactions, but at least have the courtesy to respond.

Old 09-15-2017, 02:00 AM   #7
tcp2
payment

One last post and I am done. On the first day of contact I never promised to pay that day. We were discussing how he wanted payment. He contacted me again the next day 9/08/17 to make make sure that I still wanted them, and I said that I did, would transfer money into that account and send the money soon, which I did. When I made the payment there was a substantial balance in the account and there still is. He had obviously sold the snakes already. I purchased other snakes that day 9/08 and 9/09, and there was no problem with the paypal payments. He would not respond since he had already sold the snakes. The payment should have cleared instantly.

Old 09-15-2017, 02:27 AM   #8
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcp2 View Post
He refunded the money which did not make any sense, so I resent the $800.00
It is possible that this may be at the root of the declined payment. A refunded Paypal payment does not return to your bank immediately most of the time. Paypal will hold it until they are sure that the payment has cleared. If in the meantime you send another payment the original funds are not yet in your bank to cover subsequent payments.

Can you please post a screen shot of the dated original payment and his refund.
Then, the critical screen shot will be his proof of payment from someone else prior to yours.
There have been many BOIs about buyers promising to pay yet not sending payment before someone else. Unless a seller specifically agrees to wait, ordinarily it is the person who either pays the entire amount first or makes an agreement with the seller to make a deposit and does send the deposit,who gets the critter.
Please show the emails where you and the seller agreed that the $200 payment you say was made by you would hold the snake. If there was such an agreement, and if valid payment was made that evening (please show screen shots) the snake should have been held.

Old 09-15-2017, 02:50 AM   #9
tcp2
Payment

I will see if I can figure out how to post the trail of emails. My version of reality is correct. I took it directly off of the emails between us. He added some things to make his version of reality look better for him. He jumped the gun and sold the snake to someone else. If I had known that he required immediate payment I would have made the payment before that night when I got home. I still will not get the snakes so this all is just an exercise in venting about an annoying transaction. Luckily almost all of the people that I deal with on Fauna are up front and straight forward.

Old 09-15-2017, 06:44 AM   #10
sixgunsun1177
Tom The bottom line is you've never paid me! I assure you that pretty much every seller on here has dealt with someone saying I will buy that and then they actually don't. After the second day of you saying I will "pay today" and not getting paid I sold them to someone serious. Your other snake purchases and bank account balance has zero to do with this situation. If the snakes were so important for you to purchase why didn't you pay me? You are confirming in front of everybody that you were paying for other snakes. I never agreed to $200 that's why it was refunded immediately within two hours . We agreed that you're going to pay what's up with the 25% payment? It doesn't matter that you would've sent to rest because the check would have bounced anyway.
Tim thought he could call dibs on snakes he couldn't afford and then tread water until he COULD afford them. Considering that Tim told me for two days he was going to pay me and didn't I feel I have no obligation to him. So no after his flakey behavior with payment I did not cauddle him and listen to bank balance tales.

The $500 payment you see if the down on the snakes Tom is claiming he purchased. I do believe paying is involved in purchasing. Tom has purchased a thong, merely said he would. NOTE The PayPal payment is declined it says pending till the 13th so it's already closed out . PayPal is no longer trying to send that money. If it did clear Tom you'd get another prompt refund.
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!