chess set - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 02-28-2007, 08:09 PM   #1
Stardust
chess set

I love chess. As a teen I even played in some tournys.
Anyway, about eight years ago I bought this chess set, a nice one. The person who made this set is Michael Ricker out of Colorado. After I purchased it at one of his outlets I went to his main place and met him in person, very nice man. Showed me around and to not ruin one of my pieces he engraved a gold plate with his name for me to put on the board. This set I bought is a limited edition and numbered.
Curious to see its value now I went to his site only to find out he passed away last year. I was saddened by this and wrote to his site to send my wishes to his family.
I received a letter back thanking me and stating that he and his sister are continuing in his brothers work and asked for my address and phone number to put on record as I do own a pretty big piece of work.
If I knew for sure it was his brother I would give my info but as it is over the internet I am not so sure. It looks like his official site but it does not look like it has been used plus there was a re-sell place that is no longer up.
I am not sure exactly what I am asking here...do they have an obligation to keep these records discreet?
I know I am sounding paranoid and perhaps I am a bit but this particular piece had gone up by about 1k before his passing...
Maybe I should just ask to call him and then ask and give the info?

Old 02-28-2007, 08:12 PM   #2
Mooing Tricycle
maybe you should get His phone number and then see where that leads you. maybe call other places around that area. Just dont give them your address... just in case. Good Luck, Im sorry that he passed away.. but its nice that you have something wonderful from him too! and an engraving... which is very cool as well!

Old 03-01-2007, 10:25 AM   #3
Stardust
It is a very nice set Alicia. The theme is North American wildlife so it is all animals and made from pewter. Like the kings are elk with a nice rack (antlers)
I am going to try to get ahold of the brother by phone, I believe he said he is at the store in San Diego Ca. Thanks for your reply.

Old 03-01-2007, 10:52 AM   #4
Dragondad
Glad you clarified the "nice rack" on the kings....

Old 03-01-2007, 01:13 PM   #5
Stardust
Somehow I just KNEW you would be the one to pick that up
Shouldn't have left that queen of yours exposed, pawn takes queen.

Old 03-01-2007, 04:54 PM   #6
Dragondad
My queen, if she wants to expose her rack, well far be it from me to control that. Lucky pawn.....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!