Charles Ball Selling Black-headed pythons from PA Buyers Beware! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-10-2006, 10:12 PM   #1
snake15383
Charles Ball Selling Black-headed pythons from PA Buyers Beware!

Just a warning to all Black-headed python buyers I purchased a hatchling BHP from Charles Ball of PA and it was dead within 4 days. It arrived way to thin and dehydrated, I feel it should never have been shipped in that shape. When I informed him of the condition he said it was fine, when it died he said he was not responsible but would refund half price, I am now out $750.00. I just want to warn people out there! He also tried selling his other female hatchlings from a different clutch to me for half his advertised price ($1000.00) telling me to sell them in Daytona. This was before the animal I bought unfortunately died. When I kept asking what condition they were in and requested updated pictures he would not answer and finally he said he sold them! I am only posting this now because he is trying to sell them again on a different popular snake classified and I don't want other people to lose hard earned money like I did! If you need more information let me know. I don't have lots of time and it may be a little while between answers, so please be patient. Thanks Tom
Attached Images

Old 08-10-2006, 10:25 PM   #2
VanZwedenReptiles
Tom that Animal was born Deformed,how could he even sell that to you?and why would you buy that was it sight unseen?That just blows my Mind.!!!

Greg VanZweden
http://www.vanzwedenreptiles.com/

Old 08-10-2006, 10:40 PM   #3
christopher66
Now that ticks me off!
Those are too nice of animals to let go down hill like that.
That guy needs a serious serious talking to.{among other things}
There are people out here that revere that species.

Old 08-10-2006, 10:49 PM   #4
clarinet45
Charles ball, aye? Does he have a company name or anything? i might keep an eye out for him as he may be at one of my shows.
That is a ridiculous snake, i would have wanted a complete refund from the second i unpacked the shipping box!

Old 08-10-2006, 11:02 PM   #5
joepythons
Thumbs down payment

How did you pay him? If it was a credit card or paypal i would file for a refund.I have never seen a BHP but that is a shame he let it die like that.Thumbs up for you putting the word out about him!!

Old 08-10-2006, 11:37 PM   #6
MRC31
I tend to agree, it looks deformed. I had a couple colubrid eggs last year that didn't hatch, i pulled them out of the egg and they looked like that.
Do you have any pictures of it alive?

Old 08-10-2006, 11:38 PM   #7
Ghi Reptiles
That looks pretty bad! He offered them to me recently too and am I glad I didn't get any! Sorry for your loss of the snake and I would say that as much as he is trying to sell them to other people that I know and the price keeps dropping by the week...he must know they aren't doing well. I have heard prices as low as $500.00 each...now I know why.

Old 08-11-2006, 02:12 AM   #8
VanZwedenReptiles
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRC31
I tend to agree, it looks deformed. I had a couple colubrid eggs last year that didn't hatch, i pulled them out of the egg and they looked like that.
Do you have any pictures of it alive?
O yea theres no nodought that there deformed.I would bet that guy had to pull those out of the egg and ship them off ASAP,whats this man doing selling deformed animals.More then likely they got alittle to warm while incubating or they are inbred to much.Just to think of someone selling me a Snake like that would.You need to get your Money back in full and everyone needs to know who this guy really is.I have never ever heard of him what a shame to see that

Greg VanZweden

Old 08-11-2006, 02:18 AM   #9
VanZwedenReptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanZwedenReptiles
O yea theres no nodought that there deformed.I would bet that guy had to pull those out of the egg and ship them off ASAP,whats this man doing selling deformed animals.More then likely they got alittle to warm while incubating or they are inbred to much.Just to think of someone selling me a Snake like that would.You need to get your Money back in full and everyone needs to know who this guy really is.I have never ever heard of him what a shame to see that

Greg VanZweden
someone selling me a Snake like that would = That I would wig out over this its late ...Sorry,,,.Dangit selling animals like that.How could he even think it.that blows me away :scatter:

Old 08-11-2006, 07:02 AM   #10
kmurphy
Can't see where it is deformed but it does look pretty thin. Not much in that stomach. Sorry for your loss, $750 is a lot of change so I hope you're persuing this guy.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!