Florida Firearms Laws - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 03-02-2007, 06:47 AM   #21
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucestephenson
only Sith lords use the red crystal to generate a red light source.
well, I guess Mr Walker's secret is out

Old 03-02-2007, 11:42 AM   #22
shrap
As a future Florida resident I have a question or two about my guns.

Is my Indiana hand gun license valid in Florida? Do you have to register each handgun you own with the State?

Old 03-02-2007, 12:07 PM   #23
jsrocket
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrap

Is my Indiana hand gun license valid in Florida? Do you have to register each handgun you own with the State?
Sammy, Are you talking about simple ownership of them, or if you can carry them concealed? Those are two different permit levels (at least where I live).

Old 03-02-2007, 12:24 PM   #24
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrap

You do not have to have any sort of license to merely own a gun in Florida. And no, there is no registration required when you bring them into this state.

When you BUY a gun here from a dealer, however, you do have to go through a background check before you can take possession of it.

If you have a concealed weapons permit in Indiana, it is reciprocal with Florida.

Here's a handy little chart to show which states have reciprocal CCWs...

http://www.ccrkba.org/reciprocity.html

Old 03-02-2007, 01:14 PM   #25
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
When you BUY a gun here from a dealer, however, you do have to go through a background check before you can take possession of it.

If you have a concealed weapons permit in Indiana, it is reciprocal with Florida.
But once you became a Florida resident wouldn't you still need to obtain a Florida CWP (just like obtaining a Florida drivers license)?

Old 03-02-2007, 01:43 PM   #26
shrap
That was something else I was wondering about there, Jim O.

Old 03-02-2007, 01:45 PM   #27
Suncoast Herpetological
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim O
But once you became a Florida resident wouldn't you still need to obtain a Florida CWP (just like obtaining a Florida drivers license)?

That's correct Jim.

Old 03-02-2007, 01:58 PM   #28
Jim O
On another note, and not related to Florida, I have a general question. By virtue of my Virginia permit, I can carry in Florida. If I fly there, I can send a firearm through in my luggage, provided I inform the airlines, etc. What if I drive? The states along the way (NC, SC, GA) do not honor my permit. If my handgun is unloaded, broken down, and locked away in a glove box is that satisfactory? I don't have a trunk, I drive a pickup truck.

Old 03-02-2007, 02:24 PM   #29
monkeywrench133
Is it true that Florida will issue concealed carry permits to non residents?

I currently have an AZ permit, but was advised to get a FL one because Fl has reciprocity agreements with more states than AZ, and that this would be possible to do because of the issuance to non residents.

Old 03-02-2007, 04:57 PM   #30
Ken Harbart
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrench133
Is it true that Florida will issue concealed carry permits to non residents?

I currently have an AZ permit, but was advised to get a FL one because Fl has reciprocity agreements with more states than AZ, and that this would be possible to do because of the issuance to non residents.
Yes, FL will issue a cwl to non-residents. As a matter of fact, a "resident" and "non-resident" FL license are one in the same- the state makes no practical distinction between the two, save for the fact that residents do not have to submit a new set of fingerprints when it comes time to renew.

As for reciprocity, FL has agreements in place with approximately 30 states. However, it may or may not be in your best interest to obtain a FL cwl as it will net you only four additional states beyond those covered by your AZ. It will add AL, GA, MS, and PA to your portfolio.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!