For those using Big Cheese Rodent Factory... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 08-30-2008, 03:11 AM   #1
spygirl
For those using Big Cheese Rodent Factory...

The following email was sent to me by the Vice President of the Texas Hawking Association. We falconers also use F/T rodent suppliers to feed our hawks during the "off season." Just thought I'd spread the word...

"It was brought to my attention during an order pickup that our local rodent producer, Big Cheese Rodent Factory, has come under fire from its neighbors. Due to the smell the owners of the adjacent properties have been working to shut down the factory. "They have hired attorneys and their objective is to 'put us out of business'." is what I was told.

I do not know how many of my fellow falconers use Big Cheese as a supplier but it is the only one in the DFW area that I know of. Big Cheese as been running for the last five years without major complaint but now there is a chance we could lose this valuable asset to the THA community. Many of you may remember that Big Cheese donated multiple gift certificates to our Raffle, several went to our apprentice table.

The owners are in great need of our support and ask that we write or email Joel Burns and other Fort Worth city council members or email them. We have a chance to support Big Cheese at a City Hall meeting. I have provided the following information at the bottom.

"September 2nd, we have to go before the city council at City Hall which is located in downtown Ft. Worth at 1000 Throckmorton St. There are several neighbors who have hired attorneys and their objective is to "put us out of business." The meeting starts at 7:00 PM and we are asking concerned people to show up by 6:30 or meet at Big Cheese by 6:15 and we will all caravan together. This way we may all sit as a group."

We are welcomed to stand and support Big Cheese so please think on the idea of standing and saying something. It would be a horrendous mistake on our part if we stand idly by and lose this major asset to our falconry community.

To Write to Joel Burns and other council members:

City of Fort Worth
1000 Throckmorton Street
Ft Worth, TX 76102

To Fax: (817) 392-6187

To Email: JOEL.BURNS@FORTWORTHGOV.ORG"

So if you would like to help us, please do! Write or email the council members if you are able. Thanks!

Old 09-04-2008, 01:06 PM   #2
spygirl
I received this message earlier today from a fellow falconer...

"Well it was Ugly with a capital U. I will admit the attorneys that were hired were good at what they did. The council decided to vote for a break for a month and have another hearing. I'll admit it's not looking very good right now . Big cheese is doing all it can do to deal with the smell issue but what is the point of spending several thousands of dollars to put in this new air system if they are going to get closed??? I admit there were several moments where my irish temper was getting the better of me. The attorneys made notes about "Big cheese trying to expand just to get more profit (not true right now) "that the rats and mice have diseases" (wild ones do to my knowledge) and so on...

If the council will just change the zoning Big cheese can update the facilities and deal with the ordor problem (since they wouldnt be under threat of shutting down then) and everyone would be happy. I mean that seems logical right?

Tell you're friends to keep writing those emails and letters (see if they can push what I just said above..) I'll let yal know when the next meeting is if anyone wants to show up. Big Cheese is going to neep alot more help."

Again, if you would like to see Big Cheese stay in business, please take the time to write or e-mail the council members. THANKS!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!