frantz Herpetological - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-19-2005, 01:31 PM   #11
jjhall8
Just bought an Aru GTP from Troy last week excellent service,shipped the same day that I spoke to him and sent me a very nice animal.Jeremy Hall

Old 04-19-2005, 09:13 PM   #12
Jim O
I have done business with Troy in the past and would not hesitate to do so in the future.

Old 04-20-2005, 01:34 AM   #13
lizfortune
Last year I purchased a trio of GTPs (wamena locality) from Frantzand Troy provided ample information and was willing to answer any questions without the feeling of being rushed. This was PRIOR to buying the animals. He seemed as happy to talk about the animals as most would to make a sale. Very professional!! When the trio arrived, they were packaged very well. Unfortunately, one of the three became prolapsed on the 2nd day and died on the 4th or 5th day. I was in contact with Troy and followed his suggestions (I was new to GTPs at the time). Troy asked if I wanted another baby or a refund. I chose the refund and received it promptly. The entire transaction was a 10 out of a 10 and I was very pleased.

The only problem I had was that many people highly recommended that you know and trust who the breeder is. When I requested to know who the breeder was and how the breeder knew that the locality (race) was legitimately (spelling??) what Troy was being told it was. Troy stated he would contact the breeder and get back with me.

When he did get back to me, he told me that the breeder didn't feel I needed to know who he was and I should trust the fact that the animals I was getting were legitimately what they were supposed to be. When I questioned that, Troy stated that the breeder feels that Troy's creditability should be good enough. I reminded Troy that, though no disrespect to him and prior to the one transaction I had with him, I did not know ANYTHING about him and that I did not feel comfortable with that answer and that his breeder's arrogant response was probably going to cost him future sales. And it has as I have bought the rest of my GTPs from other sources.

I would like to re-iterate that my transaction with Troy was EXCELLENT all the way through and Troy was very professional. The two remaining animals look like perfect wamenas. However, I probably will not buy any more locality GTPs from him based on the above. It is a personal choice.

Brian

Old 05-16-2005, 01:42 PM   #14
FrantzHerp
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizfortune
Last year I purchased a trio of GTPs (wamena locality) from Frantzand Troy provided ample information and was willing to answer any questions without the feeling of being rushed. This was PRIOR to buying the animals. He seemed as happy to talk about the animals as most would to make a sale. Very professional!! When the trio arrived, they were packaged very well. Unfortunately, one of the three became prolapsed on the 2nd day and died on the 4th or 5th day. I was in contact with Troy and followed his suggestions (I was new to GTPs at the time). Troy asked if I wanted another baby or a refund. I chose the refund and received it promptly. The entire transaction was a 10 out of a 10 and I was very pleased.

The only problem I had was that many people highly recommended that you know and trust who the breeder is. When I requested to know who the breeder was and how the breeder knew that the locality (race) was legitimately (spelling??) what Troy was being told it was. Troy stated he would contact the breeder and get back with me.

When he did get back to me, he told me that the breeder didn't feel I needed to know who he was and I should trust the fact that the animals I was getting were legitimately what they were supposed to be. When I questioned that, Troy stated that the breeder feels that Troy's creditability should be good enough. I reminded Troy that, though no disrespect to him and prior to the one transaction I had with him, I did not know ANYTHING about him and that I did not feel comfortable with that answer and that his breeder's arrogant response was probably going to cost him future sales. And it has as I have bought the rest of my GTPs from other sources.

I would like to re-iterate that my transaction with Troy was EXCELLENT all the way through and Troy was very professional. The two remaining animals look like perfect wamenas. However, I probably will not buy any more locality GTPs from him based on the above. It is a personal choice.

Brian
Great to hear from you again Brian, and glad to hear those Wamenas are doing well!

I just wanted to clarify a few things about your post. We both agreed that the Wamena that prolapsed a few days after being shipped was most likely due to stress because the babies (that I had raised since near birth) had shown no sign of physical problems and had eaten like horses 8-12 times for me. We further surmised that feeding the babies "right out of the deli cup" upon receiving was probably not a good idea and would most certainly overstress an already stressed chondro possibly increasing the risk for prolapse. Nevertheless, if my memory serves, the animal did finally succumb but it happened after a longer period of time than 4-5 days. Regardless, I did refund your money promptly like you said and you remain to this day, out of hundreds if not thousands of transactions, only one of a couple customers to have ever lost an animal from me!

I do remember your urgency last year in obtaining the name of the breeder of your particular group of Wamenas. I thought I was forthright and clear about my reasoning. Any animal(s) that I do not produce myself are bought from HIGHLY reputable breeders that produce the same or better quality than I do. We have very strict business relationships to protect both parties. If a breeder offers to "wholesale" me his clutch yet wants me to protect his anonymity so I don't compete with his possibly higher price than I am going to certainly respect his wishes. I am just thankful of the opportunity to buy his animals and our business relationship. I offered to give you a "certificate of authenticity" with photos of each of your animals specifying their locality/lineage under the good name of our company.

I can compare the health and quality of our animals against anybody's in the world. I would certainly hope that fact alone will allow us to do business again in the future!

Troy

Old 05-16-2005, 03:01 PM   #15
chondrogal
knowing history

Woo Hoo... had to jump in... my first BOI post as a member

I have no experience with Franz, but my "impression" over the last couple of years is that Troy operates his business in a very professional, helpful way and has offered some pretty "hot" gtps from time to time. If I was to consider purchasing from a broker, I would consider Troy as a possible seller.
I'm still stuck with the fact that there is a high turnover of snakes at any brokers facility and the risks are greater of having problems. Troy has shown that when problems do arise he is a class act at handling them.

I do feel that knowing the genetic history on gtps is a very beneficial thing for people that are serious with the hobby and hope to produce babies of their own in the future.

If I was to produce a clutch of "wamena" babies and sell them to a broker for disposition I would at least try to give the broker as much info on my breeding as I could. Pictures of the parents, and whether or not the parents were themselves captive bred and born or farmed juvies would figure somewhat into my future breeding plans. The genetic pool isn't exactly huge although it is quite diverse for the gtps, I think breeding them responsibly is important to the future genetic genepool.

So, if having documentation is important... then perhaps you may have to go elsewhere, but so long as you make informed choice, sounds like Troy at Franz will do right by you. Unfortunately, it's too late to ask about documentation after the purchase so if it's important to you make sure it's available up front.

Old 05-16-2005, 03:41 PM   #16
lizfortune
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrantzHerp
Great to hear from you again Brian, and glad to hear those Wamenas are doing well!

Ithe animal did finally succumb but it happened after a longer period of time than 4-5 days
Troy,
The wamenas are doing excellent and I thank you again for outstanding animals AND service. And, just to clarify, the wamena prolapsed on the 2nd day and died on the 4th. Don't ask me why I remember that but I do

On the documentation and creditability of the locality of the green tree pythons, unfortunately there are so many scammers or just less than honest sellers or persons absolutely ignorant to what they are selling and, because of this, there are MANY MANY misrepresented animals out there. Last year, I was told that 95% of green tree python sellers, brokers and dealers did NOT have LOCALITY animals though the percentage of those selling LOCALITY animals was around 95% making about 90% of the advertised LOCALITY animals being inaccurately sold. Greg Maxwell also showed an example of the pressure legitimate green tree python breeders are under if they want to sell their animals if they are NOT locality animals as that is usually the first question asked. And every friend I have that also has green tree pythons has the same view point as I do, the only ones I am interested in that are not locality would be a really nice designer morph. And if that happened to be a locality animal, I would maintain it. My friends do not cross localities knowingly nor will they have ANYTHING to do with hybrids regardless of how spectacular they may be. Again, personal choice.

Quoted by Cathy Maynard:
"I have no experience with Franz, but my "impression" over the last couple of years is that Troy operates his business in a very professional, helpful way and has offered some pretty "hot" gtps from time to time. If I was to consider purchasing from a broker, I would consider Troy as a possible seller.
I'm still stuck with the fact that there is a high turnover of snakes at any brokers facility and the risks are greater of having problems. Troy has shown that when problems do arise he is a class act at handling them.

I do feel that knowing the genetic history on gtps is a very beneficial thing for people that are serious with the hobby and hope to produce babies of their own in the future.

If I was to produce a clutch of "wamena" babies and sell them to a broker for disposition I would at least try to give the broker as much info on my breeding as I could. Pictures of the parents, and whether or not the parents were themselves captive bred and born or farmed juvies would figure somewhat into my future breeding plans. The genetic pool isn't exactly huge although it is quite diverse for the gtps, I think breeding them responsibly is important to the future genetic genepool.

So, if having documentation is important... then perhaps you may have to go elsewhere, but so long as you make informed choice, sounds like Troy at Franz will do right by you."

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Hope all is going well for you Troy!!

Brian

Old 05-16-2005, 03:44 PM   #17
FrantzHerp
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvchondros
Woo Hoo... had to jump in... my first BOI post as a member

I have no experience with Frantz, but my "impression" over the last couple of years is that Troy operates his business in a very professional, helpful way and has offered some pretty "hot" gtps from time to time. If I was to consider purchasing from a broker, I would consider Troy as a possible seller.

So, if having documentation is important... then perhaps you may have to go elsewhere, but so long as you make informed choice, sounds like Troy at Franz will do right by you. Unfortunately, it's too late to ask about documentation after the purchase so if it's important to you make sure it's available up front.
Oh oh.., I knew if I responded once to a thread on here I would get "sucked" into responding over and over again! I work 7 days a week and nearly 12 hours a day on my herps so there just isn't time to keep up on forum activity. Let me briefly touch upon a couple points you mention, but before I start, I want to say thanks for the compliments.

"If I was to consider purchasing from a broker, I would consider Troy as a possible seller. I'm still stuck with the fact that there is a high turnover of snakes at any brokers facility and the risks are greater of having problems."

-I hate being lumped in with all the other "brokers" because I do breed many of my own animals. However, I can understand your concern because there are many unscrupulous "brokers" out there that simply churn out animals for $$$'s with nary a care for their well-being or health. I hope that when those type of companies are mentioned I never come up in the discussion. All the animals I sell are 100% grade A in every respect and the <a href="http://www.frantzherp.com/default.php/cPath/43_64 "><u>Customer Reviews</u></a> section on my site supports that claim. I think the most important fact that needs to be considered before choosing to do business with a company (reptile related or otherwise) is their reputation regarding quality and customer service. Whether they are a "big name" company or a small hobbyiest breeder makes no difference, both may contain inherent risks if the buyer doesn't do his or her homework!

"So, if having documentation is important... then perhaps you may have to go elsewhere, but so long as you make informed choice, sounds like Troy at Frantz will do right by you."

Many of our chondros come with photos of the parents and some do not. It all depends on if I bred them or if the person I bought them from wanted to share the photos. Some people in this business are sticklers about proprietary information and considering the amount of traffic my site has, don't enjoy the idea of me constantly advertising "their" animals.

"Unfortunately, it's too late to ask about documentation after the purchase so if it's important to you make sure it's available up front."

-It's never too late! We are glad to accomodate any and all requests whether timely or belated ... within reason!

Ok, this is seriously my last post!

Troy

Old 05-16-2005, 04:03 PM   #18
FrantzHerp
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizfortune
Troy,
The wamenas are doing excellent and I thank you again for outstanding animals AND service. And, just to clarify, the wamena prolapsed on the 2nd day and died on the 4th. Don't ask me why I remember that but I do

On the documentation and creditability of the locality of the green tree pythons, unfortunately there are so many scammers or just less than honest sellers or persons absolutely ignorant to what they are selling and, because of this, there are MANY MANY misrepresented animals out there. Last year, I was told that 95% of green tree python sellers, brokers and dealers did NOT have LOCALITY animals though the percentage of those selling LOCALITY animals was around 95% making about 90% of the advertised LOCALITY animals being inaccurately sold. Greg Maxwell also showed an example of the pressure legitimate green tree python breeders are under if they want to sell their animals if they are NOT locality animals as that is usually the first question asked. And every friend I have that also has green tree pythons has the same view point as I do, the only ones I am interested in that are not locality would be a really nice designer morph. And if that happened to be a locality animal, I would maintain it. My friends do not cross localities knowingly nor will they have ANYTHING to do with hybrids regardless of how spectacular they may be. Again, personal choice.

Quoted by Cathy Maynard:
"I have no experience with Franz, but my "impression" over the last couple of years is that Troy operates his business in a very professional, helpful way and has offered some pretty "hot" gtps from time to time. If I was to consider purchasing from a broker, I would consider Troy as a possible seller.

So, if having documentation is important... then perhaps you may have to go elsewhere, but so long as you make informed choice, sounds like Troy at Franz will do right by you."

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Hope all is going well for you Troy!!

Brian
"On the documentation and creditability of the locality of the green tree pythons, unfortunately there are so many scammers or just less than honest sellers or persons absolutely ignorant to what they are selling and, because of this, there are MANY MANY misrepresented animals out there. Last year, I was told that 95% of green tree python sellers, brokers and dealers did NOT have LOCALITY animals though the percentage of those selling LOCALITY animals was around 95% making about 90% of the advertised LOCALITY animals being inaccurately sold."

-With the greater influx of illegal wild-caught green tree pythons into the U.S. there definitely is cause for concern. As for the 95% statement that sounds a little high but exporters of wild-caught animals and the subsequent locale naming using the nearest export port is problematic on many levels.

"Greg Maxwell also showed an example of the pressure legitimate green tree python breeders are under if they want to sell their animals if they are NOT locality animals as that is usually the first question asked. And every friend I have that also has green tree pythons has the same view point as I do, the only ones I am interested in that are not locality would be a really nice designer morph."

-And that brings up the whole debate of racial purity versus colored "mutts". It is impossible to discuss this without crossing the line of personal bias driven by commercial profits. There are those out there that promote "mutts" because that is what they breed. There are also those out there that promote "locale" because that is what THEY breed. It's all personal preference.

"If I was to produce a clutch of "wamena" babies and sell them to a broker for disposition I would at least try to give the broker as much info on my breeding as I could."

-Sounds like you have yourself a customer then Brian! I'll buy all you can produce! Let me know when they hatch! LOL

Now this has been a riviting discussion however the BOI is for customer feedback and reviews and the focus of our discussion will probably be better served in the GTP forums! :scatter:

Thanks friends!

Troy

Old 05-16-2005, 07:21 PM   #19
The BoidSmith
Recently I was in contact with Troy about an animal he had for sale. He was very prompt in replying to my inquiries and willing to accommodate to my particular requests. I wouldn’t doubt to buy from him in the future.

Thanks.

Old 07-20-2005, 04:41 PM   #20
DragonCharm
Looking to buy Balls from someone that originally got them from Troy.......any issues with his hets? They all prove out for you?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!