Paying to rate someone. A Dumb F*****G IDEA - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 11-07-2013, 03:56 PM   #1
gavdrews
Paying to rate someone. A Dumb F*****G IDEA

I just figured out that the person who sold me a beautiful snake a month ago cant be rated by me. This is the first time I have used fauna but he has been on this site for 3 years. What really pisses me off is that credit is due for the CONTRIBUTING member of this website and yet he wont get it because im not a contributing member. The transaction was as smooth as can be and he deserves to know my opinion as do others to increase his business but that wont happen. Someone needs to rethink the whole method of leaving feedback because paying money to give someone positive words and thanks is fucked up.
Making money from our opinions. WOW!

Old 11-07-2013, 04:14 PM   #2
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by gavdrews View Post
I just figured out that the person who sold me a beautiful snake a month ago cant be rated by me. This is the first time I have used fauna but he has been on this site for 3 years. What really pisses me off is that credit is due for the CONTRIBUTING member of this website and yet he wont get it because im not a contributing member. The transaction was as smooth as can be and he deserves to know my opinion as do others to increase his business but that wont happen. Someone needs to rethink the whole method of leaving feedback because paying money to give someone positive words and thanks is ***** up.
Making money from our opinions. WOW!

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...=trader+rating

Gavin,

Why not start a Good Guy post on him in the BOI?

Old 11-07-2013, 04:27 PM   #3
hhmoore
Actually, this is at least the second time you've used this site. It only bears mentioning because your previous post - back in August - was on the BOI...giving feedback (for free).

BTW - I suggest you review the rules for posting on this site.

Old 11-07-2013, 07:42 PM   #4
axeman
If it's that important to you, man up the money and take advantage of all the site has to offer. Like Lucille said, you can do a BOI for free as well.

Old 11-08-2013, 12:05 AM   #5
WebSlave
Hah... Two posts to his name in the couple of months he's been here and 50 percent of them is just bitching and moaning. Just another part time backseat driver without a roadmap.......

Old 11-12-2013, 01:16 PM   #6
deedeeiam
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Hah... Two posts to his name in the couple of months he's been here and 50 percent of them is just bitching and moaning. Just another part time backseat driver without a roadmap.......
From an actual web developer standpoint (which shouldn't be too far off with this pre-fabbed Vbulletin stuff) - no news is usually good news. Having people willing to complain means some level of engagement is occurring.

While OP's response wasn't as eloquent as it could have been, a good moderator or webmaster should be able to respond in such a way that a) does not berate or belittle the participant and b) encourages participation of others.

His point isn't completely off, since it's been mentioned by both sellers and buyers previously. It's hardly appropriate to mock contribution merely based on lack of previous contribution. That seems rather backward if your goal is to solicit feedback.

Old 11-12-2013, 04:26 PM   #7
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by deedeeiam View Post
From an actual web developer standpoint (which shouldn't be too far off with this pre-fabbed Vbulletin stuff) - no news is usually good news. Having people willing to complain means some level of engagement is occurring.

While OP's response wasn't as eloquent as it could have been, a good moderator or webmaster should be able to respond in such a way that a) does not berate or belittle the participant and b) encourages participation of others.

His point isn't completely off, since it's been mentioned by both sellers and buyers previously. It's hardly appropriate to mock contribution merely based on lack of previous contribution. That seems rather backward if your goal is to solicit feedback.
A spade is a spade, so why beat around the bush about it? Someone willing to take a slap at my face best be prepared to take one right back.

Old 11-12-2013, 05:46 PM   #8
AbsoluteApril
While it's a nice sentiment Danielle, the OP came out firing, being rather combative and using profanity (which is against the rules). That isn't exactly a great way to start discourse on ways they think the site could be improved... plus, since they broke a rule it's pretty easy to assume they didn't search the feedback forum for this topic, which as noted has been brought up quite a few times. Just my $0.02

Old 11-13-2013, 03:37 AM   #9
gavdrews
adressing the issue at hand?

Ya i used a bad word. we are all adults and this isnt grade school. I understand its against the rules but i was upset at how this website works and still am. there are numerous complaints about the fact that only contributing members can post feedback and yes I DID read them ^. I am a college student trying to enjoy my hobby and dont need to be spending money to leave a good review about a great seller. so thats my $0.02. money controls our everyday lives why let that interfere with the thing that separates us from those lives?

Old 11-13-2013, 03:37 AM   #10
gavdrews
Oh and its easy to bash on my opinion when you are a "contributing member" ^^

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ball python, feedback, snake