Hides - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-31-2005, 05:29 PM   #1
tanias16
Hides

Hello all, got a question for ya.

I know its best to have 2 hides per gecko, and I do...
Now that I've seperated them out, I've got the female in a 20L. There are two moist hides on the warm side, and a dry hide on the cool side. Sometimes one of the moist hides is more dry that the other (I've been using papertowels), because I spray the one she isn't in if she's in one when I wake up or get home from work. I heard someone on kingsnake.com say that its best to have 1 moist hide and one dry hide on the warm side, and one dry hide on the cool side if you have the room. Should I let one of the moist hides be a dry hide instead?
I hope that wasn't a really confusing or idiotic question.

Old 10-31-2005, 07:54 PM   #2
dragonflyreptiles
Thats what I use for single leos is 1 humid, 1 warm dry and 1 cool dry and a few toilet tissue rolls here and there, then tend to move them where they want them lol

Old 11-01-2005, 12:58 AM   #3
Mari
yep...sounds about right...one humid, one dry warm hide and one dry cool hide. I would suggest using Peat moss as humid hide substrate, because it holds moisture well and because it gives them the digging ability that I am sure they were used to with the sand in their enclosure. Also, it is a good egg laying material (but we shouldn't have to worry about that). Just make sure to stick the peat moss in the microwave for a few seconds to kill bacterial off before you use it, and you should be all set.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!