Is this dangerous? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-05-2011, 01:56 PM   #1
Cffilc
Is this dangerous?

Saw someone looking to sell/trade some dragons...

Look at the babies with the larger ones... That big one on top could easily eat one of the babies. Right...? I just saw this and was little shocked...

Old 11-05-2011, 05:47 PM   #2
rcarichter
I would guess they just put them together for the photo. Beardies are extremely docile, and as adults, they tend to prefer greens anyway. I had one that shared a large enclosure with a leopard gecko for over 10 years. The leo often rode around on the beardie's back.
It's a good thing beardies do well together, as they lay around 30 eggs per clutch. That would be a lot of enclosures!

Noelle

Old 11-05-2011, 09:34 PM   #3
angie.h
Yes, I can see your concern, there will be some beardies who would grab that baby up in an instant, no matter how docile a pet it is, and swallow it in a few seconds. Even a sub - adult can easily eat a baby. We might like to think of them as being kind to their own, but they have no maternal/ paternal instinct but would view smaller creatures as fair game for a snack. I've seen it happen at a reptile show before, and more than once.

Old 11-06-2011, 01:13 AM   #4
Cffilc
If I dropped a baby bearded dragon in my one dragons enclosure, I know for a fact she would go from calm and docile, and in 1 second turn into a ferocious beast swallowing that baby whole.

I saw it and just wanted to know that this was wrong... just like I expected.

Old 11-12-2011, 12:34 PM   #5
InterExotics
I would never put babies next to adults like this. I don't care how docile the adult is, it is just instict. They see the babies as food, not babies. I've seen it happen before. So yes, I would say that is dangerous.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!