People who are faster/smarter/online more than me - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 11-12-2003, 01:05 PM   #1
SWAG
People who are faster/smarter/online more than me

Yeah...I'm mad at them. I leave the computer alone for a day, and suddenly very rarely offered snakes are for sale, a species that I am trying to constitute a breeding group of, and by today, when I call the phone numbers, they have all been sold. All of them. Offered at good (fresh import) prices that I can actually afford, and have actually allocated, and so instead of doing all the things I need to do today, I will stomp and around and sulk, alternately, because someone else was smarter/faster/online more than me. I did check though, and none of the animals offered were males, which makes me a little happier. (Not because I'm a bastard, but because I really, really, need some males. Or at least one.) But waitlisting myself at yet another importer doesn't seem to do me a whole lot of good- understandably, if you are not a friend/big client, they never seem to be in a huge rush to call me and offer me a reasonably quick selling item first.
Better luck next time.

Old 11-12-2003, 02:07 PM   #2
dwedeking
.... or when the animal your specifically looking for and waiting for becomes available 1 week after you spend the money you had earmarked for that aquisition because "I'll never find one and that money can be used for something else".

Yea, waiting lists are about useless.

Old 11-12-2003, 04:40 PM   #3
dself40
I have the same problem but I am usally the one doing the impulse buying and get burned..lol..And it also makes me mad at myself if I ponder on buying from someone for fear of getting burned then decide to buy it and it is already sold.But I guess that part of the game..lol..It would be nice if you didnt have to worry about the crooks out there but I guess they will be around as long is there is money to be made.And yes waiting list are for most part useless but there are alot of folks that are more than happy to contact you when they have what you want.But i guess if you look at it from there side with all the window shoppers out there how do they know you for sure want it.I am guessing that if you sent them some kind of a deposit they would be more than happy to help ya out when they could..

But anyways thats just my opinion and everyone has them..

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!