Bad Guy Steve Markevich/ Serpent's Den - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-25-2008, 12:19 PM   #81
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by rattler View Post
OK, I understand the law you state but if the confiscated items were electronics, furniture or normal store type shelf items they would be put into storage until the suite was settled. What I'm going to ask you is what does the law say about live animals and their care until a court case is settled?
I understand what you are saying, I really do. But the problem lies in the fact that a lot of times the non warm and fuzzy animals (anything but Dogs & Cats) are considered "livestock" or "property" and have an entirely different set of rules. Look at the Amish in PA...They are the top producers of puppy mill dogs in the US...They abuse (at least what most people would call abuse) their horses and cattle...Without any repercussions...Because the animals are considered "livestock" (yeah, even the dogs).

Like I said, I don't know what the legalities of live animals and their care while a court case is settled in Pennsylvania is...But I can almost guarantee that the animals and property can not be sold until the case is finished because ownership is still retained by the accused until a court decides otherwise. I do think that if Steve retains ownership, the cost of feeding and caring for the animals while the court case was in process should be reimbursed (even if the court doesn't say he has to, it's the right thing to do)...But I also think that if any of the animals and/or supplies were sold while the case was in process, whom sold them should have to face those consequences.

I can ask my magistrate about this, but I really don't think they'll have an immediate answer because it's such an unusual question (especially in relation to reptiles - I'm sure I'll get a funny look on that one ).

Old 10-25-2008, 12:26 PM   #82
3toe
if i needed money fast, and i had his problem id take the high end snakes first to pay my court costs. some one asked why he did, and they said he just left the reg stuff and didnt take them as well.

Old 10-25-2008, 01:03 PM   #83
LakesideBoas
[quote=rattler;641613][quote=LakesideBoas;641441]Well, Steve was incarcerated during those five days, so if we must blame someone, we could blame the GF.
Quote:

Maybe if he didn't do anything wrong he wouldn't have been thrown in the slammer. Oh I forgot, nothing he does is his fault.
I'm not making excuses for Steve, so please don't try to pick a fight with me. I would have handled a financial situation like that much differently, but I am not Steve.

I can still have a gram of sympathy with the man without excusing his finacial blunders. There were live animals involed in this situation who had no control over the circumstances they found themselves in.

Old 10-25-2008, 01:24 PM   #84
3toe
as far as the quote goes
it wasnt a question of doing something wrong, it was x wife crap
he could only get in the store once and he did what he could under the circumstances
he and she got locked out

Old 10-25-2008, 01:33 PM   #85
rattler
[quote=LakesideBoas;641649][quote=rattler;641613]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakesideBoas View Post
Well, Steve was incarcerated during those five days, so if we must blame someone, we could blame the GF.

I'm not making excuses for Steve, so please don't try to pick a fight with me. I would have handled a financial situation like that much differently, but I am not Steve.

I can still have a gram of sympathy with the man without excusing his finacial blunders. There were live animals involed in this situation who had no control over the circumstances they found themselves in.
I'm not trying to pick a fight with you so please don't think that. I just know a little history on him and his credibility/word is suspect at best.

Old 10-25-2008, 01:43 PM   #86
LakesideBoas
[quote=rattler;641658][quote=LakesideBoas;641649]
Quote:

I'm not trying to pick a fight with you so please don't think that. I just know a little history on him and his credibility/word is suspect at best.
Thank you! I hate fighting in the forums!

I do not know any history on Steve except what I know of him from speaking with him here.

I wish things would have turned out differently for him. There were other alternatives he may have utilized to resolve his problems before they got out of hand, although hindsight has 20/20 and I was not privy to his problems until he brought them here.

I am glad you realise that I can empathize without excusing him.

Old 10-25-2008, 02:07 PM   #87
SERPENTS DEN
[quote=rattler;641658][quote=LakesideBoas;641649]
Quote:

Steve, You're right when you say you only know a LITTLE history on me. I kept venomous snakes in NJ and got caught several times and paid my dues and moved to PA to keep venomouus legally and open my business. But really you don't know me and I've never done anything to you that you should have such a hard-on for me.

Old 10-25-2008, 02:28 PM   #88
SERPENTS DEN
Everything has been blown way out of proportion and context. There are certain people on this BOI "soul suckers" as I would refer them as who condem the truth and people like that bring down there very own hobby. The animals were never abandoned and my girlfriend just got out of the hospital April 15th from having her appendix removed and she went up the next day and started packing up and removing my animals. She notified my landlords of this and they rushed to have everything removed before she could remove anything else. This was all illegally done before any eviction notice. I heard from a witness the animals were removed on April 19th An eviction notice was granted on April 21st and I don't know how much time I had legally to get my stuff out but it was already removed! I had to get the generator before paying my rent or utilities. The rent I owed was only $1700.00 the utilities were higher. I done what was best for the animals at the time. If I wasn't locked up I would have had time to pay the landlords and still be able to stay in the store, they just wanted their money. The laws on venomous and constrictors that went into effect in November I was never notified of this and if I was I would have obtained the permits. The Borough and everyone knew what I had what I had so it wasn't like I was trying to hide anything or that it was some kind of secret. The system is wrong and anyone that can agree how the authorities handled this just are plain ignorant.

I don't know who all is involved with the lies stated in the newspaper but I have mentioned to my landlords and Chris Foley that I will be taken legal action both criminally and those liable will be sued. I think the newspaper done a very good job discrediting me at this time but the truth will come out.

Can someone explain to me how I can upload MHTML Documents of a few ads Chris Foley posted on KS?

"They must find it difficult...
Those who have taken authority as the truth,
rather than truth as the authority."
-Gerald Massey, Egyptologist

Old 10-25-2008, 02:35 PM   #89
rattler
[quote=serpentsden;641666][quote=rattler;641658]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakesideBoas View Post

Steve, You're right when you say you only know a LITTLE history on me. I kept venomous snakes in NJ and got caught several times and paid my dues and moved to PA to keep venomouus legally and open my business. But really you don't know me and I've never done anything to you that you should have such a hard-on for me.
At least someone was able to bring you out here. Steve, there is no excuse for you leaving those animals unattended, none. You could have had a few friends help you take them somewhere to be cared for. I have nothing "personal" against you either but don't look for sympathy for your actions. I'm sure if you look back on things you did in life you can say that you made many decisions that weren't thought out very well and this is just one of them. You've done stuff to get yourself into trouble and in the past and people had to take care of your animals when you were locked up. So I do know things about you and I thought you grew up since then but I guess I'm wrong. Maybe the truth hurts just a bit and I still feel for you and your situation.

Old 10-25-2008, 02:43 PM   #90
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by serpentsden View Post
Can someone explain to me how I can upload MHTML Documents of a few ads Chris Foley posted on KS?
I'm not sure what an MHTML document is, but take screenshots of the open file and post jpg copies of that. Really, you should have taken screen shots anyway because there's a possibility that if the add was removed, the coding in the file you saved will no longer work.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
chris foley, eric musser, steve markevich