The Tampa Show - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shows & Events

Notices

Shows & Events Since these are such a big part of our business, it is appropriate that we discuss them from a business perspective.

Old 03-09-2003, 11:52 PM   #1
The BoidSmith
The Tampa Show

Anyone care to comment on the Tampa Show? How was it? Anything new and worthwhile?

I have never been there and was wondering if someone wanted to share their insights.

Thanks in advance.

Old 03-10-2003, 04:56 PM   #2
Dennis Gulla
I was at the Tampa show this weekend. I thought it was great......had a good time. In my opinion the show is getting bigger and better! A lot of the top breeders were there, Rich, the Loves etc. I spent some time talking to Rich and bought a snake from him. There was also a good crowd.

They now also have a full liquor bar! Yahoo!

Old 03-11-2003, 11:57 PM   #3
CheriS
It was great until the ATM machine ran out of money

We love it as we use this as a meeting place with herpers we have got to know online or between Daytona Shows. 29 out of 31 new people we had planned to meet up with we found and helped most of those pick out some wonderful reptiles. That makes it even more of a contact in the future as I can follow the development of their pets and actually know them.

Only problem is I get to attached to some of the animals!!! One man from Atlanta I helped picked out a $500 gorgeous hypo pastel 5 month old female( I think she was the best thing at the show) and two $250 4 month old Orange tigers bearded dragons.... I so would have loved to have them myself, but it's nice too that I get to follow them growing up

There also was other bearded dragons, several leopard geckos, a water dragon, bubblegum corn, many pythons and boas(that seemed to be the big seller with people we knew) and several Uro's that went to new homes of people we have met online than at the show.

Also the suppliers...... One guy by Sunday was saying he should just turn over the booth to us, we sold him out of PowerSuns, domes, caves and stands. Its a good feeling knowing that these babies that were raised by such good breeders and had great starts will continue in that with the proper fixtures, lights and food. Also feeling confident that friends got nice healthy animals and will not have to deal with the heartbreak of losing them because they did not have proper care before or after the sell.

Old 03-17-2003, 12:25 PM   #4
bcherps
Reply to Tampa Show

I had a very bad experience at the Tampa Show. I had animals stolen, very weak sales, negative reactions to and from Mr. Cueto's staff.

I know that several other vendors had animals stolen also. I also felt that the vendor plushes like pipe/drape, free lunch, restriction of super wholesaler/price slasher was pushed much more heavily in the advertisements then was actually seen on the vendor level.

I also was promised an 8X8 booth, but since I was on the end my 8X8 space was the same 8X8 space as the first table in the row. Mr. Cueto's staff provided me with a free table to compensate. I was informed that I was given the space becuase of a cancellation not because I was sold a bum spot.

I emailed my issues to Mr. Cueto and received a very thourough response, however, most of it was personal attacks. Mr. Cueto basically said I was a liar, nieve, and a whiner.

I am sure that several vendors and spectators had a great show, but I will never vend or attend that show again.

I am not trying to disparage Mr. Cueto or sway anyone away from Mr. Cueto or his shows, this is simply my experience.

I am personally going to avoid his functions from now on.

Thank you to everyone that expressed concern at the show about my animals. I would like to extend the same apologies to anyone who was robbed themselves.

Old 03-17-2003, 12:34 PM   #5
The BoidSmith
Ben,

I saw your add about the stolen snakes. There is a separate thread I posted on the issue but I could not make the pictures load. I hope you can find them.

Regards.

Old 03-17-2003, 12:39 PM   #6
bcherps
tampa show

If I released the genetics of the animals it may prompt people to rat on each other-if more than one was involved. However, I don't want these people knowing what they have. I only hope that they sold these guys to somebody unknowning of the situation and that person gets lucky with them.

Ben

Old 03-17-2003, 12:52 PM   #7
WebSlave
Ben,

Your message in this thread concerning Tony Cueto is not appropriate in the context of this thread or forum. This is more of a BOI issue. As such, even if it is to remain here, in this thread in the General Business Discussions forum, I am insisting that you provide your FULL NAME here. Otherwise cut and paste the sections of your message and post it in the BOI, again using your FULL NAME.

But whatever you do, PICK ONE, and do it before I delete your message as being inappropriate for this thread and forum. Otherwise this thread has the potential of becoming a lively BOI issue in the wrong forum.

I do not want BOI issues spilling over into all other forums on this site.

Thanks.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!