US Global Exotics , Arlington Texas - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-22-2007, 11:31 AM   #1
cbchuckwallas
US Global Exotics , Arlington Texas

Can anyone tell me if Jasen Shaw at US Global Exotics is ok ? I have been doing business with him for a while and everything seemed ok. Now suddenly Im not being paid as agreed upon. Just wanted to see if anyone has had similar experiences that havent been good. He sells my S. Hispidus chuckwallas , and owes me $1280 by christmas which obviously Im not going to recieve..................Thanks

Old 12-22-2007, 02:06 PM   #2
Justin Mitcham
Jason was shut down by the CDC for selling animals contaminated with monkeypox.
http://www.cdc.gov/MMWR/preview/mmwrhtml/mm5227a5.htm

Was recently involved in a court case in which he either lost or settled..he was being sued for basically for:
Fraud
Conspiracy to Perpetuate Fraud
as well as or a few other things invloving trust missappropriation of money etc..

I was a witness in this case against him. The party that sued him was Texas Animal Export his former employer.They are bound to a confidentiality agreement but they appear quite happy with whatever was decided etc..leading me to believe that it didn't go well for Jason which maybe part of the reason you are not getting paid.

Old 12-22-2007, 04:47 PM   #3
cbchuckwallas
Thanks Justin !

All I want to say is thanks ! Might it be possible to speak with you at some point if needed ?...........Ronald

Old 12-22-2007, 06:07 PM   #4
WebSlave
I just got checks from Jasen this past Wednesday. He's sometimes been slow in paying, but so far has always come through.

Old 12-22-2007, 06:32 PM   #5
cbchuckwallas
Thanks

I realise slow payment is the norm with Jasen , has always been at least a couple weeks or more. (most dealers are that way from my experience)
However , when you stipulate that everything needs to be completed before christmas and is agreed upon then it should be just that.
In defense of Jasen , there was some posible email delivery problems that possibly caused some of it. Yet if you agree to pay someone by a certain date , it should take no email to do just that ! Just send a check.
Im going to have a VERY lousy Christmas as I was depending on him to complete the transaction before then as requested.
I hope this all turns out good. And if it does I will post immediately.
Im not here to bash anyone at all. From all my past experiences with him I would say he has been VERY trustworthy. However I have found myself in a situation of ..."I will send the money I owe you today , if you send another batch of animals today"......Kinda like the payment owed is being held hostage by a promise of a fresh shipment of animals .
We shall see.....

Old 12-22-2007, 07:16 PM   #6
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbchuckwallas
However I have found myself in a situation of ..."I will send the money I owe you today , if you send another batch of animals today"......Kinda like the payment owed is being held hostage by a promise of a fresh shipment of animals .
Do you have emails showing that he conditioned his payment on more animals from you?
I hope he pays, he could paypal tonight and you would have Christmas funds if the agreement was that you would indeed get paid by Christmas.
I understand how it is, I spent just about all I had on my kids for Christmas; if I was depending on gift money to get them stuff and it didn't come through, I would be sad.
I hope he pays you soon. Bummer.

Old 12-22-2007, 08:09 PM   #7
cbchuckwallas
Yes , I keep ALL emails.

I emailed him 4 times yesterday , and called 4 times....he wouldnt respond to me.
My 87 year old mother answered the phone a couple days ago and told him I needed my check. "Was it in the mail" ? "Did you send it " ?"Why not" ?
She said he told her that he couldnt send it until I sent him the last batch of lizards. She then told him that he simply neede to pay me for the others sent out on the 6th FIRST , before I send any more.
At 87 she can be very up front and direct...lol.
I would have got paid DHL if I had shipped out my last lizards , but it was too late(friday) and didnt think they would arrive due to shipping delays everywhere.
Then I get an email on friday that said it was sent on monday from Jasen reguesting the same thing (could send check "IF" I could send more lizards)
Keep in mind , he already owes me and will pay me now , but only if I send more !
Thats what I call the "check Hostage"....lol
The bottom line...I wouldnt ship that close to christmas....soooooo....I didnt get paid for the previous batch that I had made clear be paid by Christmas.
I guess my 87 yr old mom intimidated him or something??? lol

Old 12-23-2007, 03:21 PM   #8
cbchuckwallas
Check being sent on monday !

Jasen emailed me today and is sending check on monday for a wednesday delivery...YES !!!!
Its not in time for christmas , but now I dont have to worry about $$$$ due on friday to buy the S. Varius chucks.....
I think this littleg litch was caused mainly from an email that didnt get delivered properly !
Just goes to show.....A goodol fashioned phone call is sometimes the best route !!!
Im sure that I will get it , as have had No problems at all in the past.

Old 12-24-2007, 08:45 PM   #9
cbchuckwallas
NO DHL confirmation for payment yet ?

Usually get a DHL email confirmation sent with a tracking # when a payment is sent.........Hasnt happened yet ?
We shall see.....

Old 12-24-2007, 09:42 PM   #10
Serafim
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbchuckwallas
Usually get a DHL email confirmation sent with a tracking # when a payment is sent.........Hasnt happened yet ?
We shall see.....
I wish you luck. Looks like this guy is bad news.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!