Info Ashley Caspillo-SakaraGT4/Sakara *Possible Buyer Beware!* - Page 83 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-29-2010, 09:38 AM   #821
AddictedToBoas
This thread absolutely EXPLODED over the last few weeks. It took me a good 2 hours to read all 60 of those pages... Phew.

I don't want to beat a dead horse, so I'll just say a couple things. I know the whole rtb.net thing was earlier on, but I didn't even KNOW about the BOI until someone told me about the thread against Yvonne. I didn't know to look here for warnings against diseases, unethicals, and bad breeders. I think it's wrong to assume everyone does and care should be taken in our tight knit community to make newbies aware of such a resource. I don't care if you just STICKY the fact that the BOI exists with no specific thread in mind. At least newbies will be aware of the resource and can look up breeders themselves.

Another thing, I want Ashley to post a warning on her website. Not "more information to come" or any of that bull If her past customers are keeping up with her at all, that's one way they can be warned. Care should be taken for HER to post on the texas forums about this. We shouldn't have to be her god guardian angel. I haven't heard a single word from her about spreading this warning to people. You know why? Because in a year she's going to start up again when this thread is nice and buried and rtb.net and rtb.com are flooded with newbies that have NO idea it even exists.

I hate to sound nasty when she's making "efforts" (lame they may be) to rectify the situation, but I don't think she's doing enough and NASTY seems to be the ONLY thing that catches her attention.

So much more needs to be done but I'm waaaaay too tired to get into the specifics right now. I haven't been to bed yet and it's 9:00 a.m. I'll post more later as long as I didn't embarass myself too horribly with this one lol.

Old 12-29-2010, 04:45 PM   #822
bad-one
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddictedToBoas View Post
I haven't heard a single word from her about spreading this warning to people. You know why? Because in a year she's going to start up again when this thread is nice and buried and rtb.net and rtb.com are flooded with newbies that have NO idea it even exists.
I wonder how many people would demand compensation in the form of refunds, vet costs, and collection costs (if the snakes indeed carried IBD)?

To her I rather think that the monetary cost alone is a good enough reason for her to choose not to warn all her previous buyers. (aside from having to admit fault and ravaging of her already destroyed reputation)

That's my opinion on it, however sad the idea is...

Perhaps people should start posting warnings through her various venues she used to sell through (the ones that will allow it at least) with links to this thread. For example, her local craigslist pet section.

I'd also like to know how Phoenix died?

Old 12-29-2010, 05:46 PM   #823
AddictedToBoas
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad-one View Post
I wonder how many people would demand compensation in the form of refunds, vet costs, and collection costs (if the snakes indeed carried IBD)?

To her I rather think that the monetary cost alone is a good enough reason for her to choose not to warn all her previous buyers. (aside from having to admit fault and ravaging of her already destroyed reputation)

That's my opinion on it, however sad the idea is...

Perhaps people should start posting warnings through her various venues she used to sell through (the ones that will allow it at least) with links to this thread. For example, her local craigslist pet section.

I'd also like to know how Phoenix died?
I understand that she wants to avoid the monetary issue, but honestly, I don't think that's the only reason. Not after reading through this entire thread and following what she has been saying. Not to mention, that one way or another people will find out. It'll be less nasty if she does it herself. Word will pass at shows (because rtb.com members go to the Austin, TX show each year and I'm sure people on here do), people will see it here and tell their friends to save them from what Elizabeth is going through... They will find out. Maybe not as quickly, but they will.

If she hurries half the people she has sold too may not have pulled her animals out of quarantine, and if she HAS IBD, those collections could be saved. This is her fault, her monster baby, she needs to deal with the consequences.

I'd like to know how phoenix died as well. I'd also like to know, if the snake Ruby was in such deplorable condition as she has turned around and said, why did she allow Yvonne's animal to breed her? I hardly think if she was in bad shape Yvonne would have allowed her snake in with her if she knew of Ruby's condition.

Old 12-29-2010, 06:21 PM   #824
bad-one
Quote:
They will find out. Maybe not as quickly, but they will.

If she hurries half the people she has sold too may not have pulled her animals out of quarantine, and if she HAS IBD, those collections could be saved. This is her fault, her monster baby, she needs to deal with the consequences.
I'd just prefer people find out sooner than later so they can take the proper precautions now. Plus, not everyone's quarantine procedures are great or even existent...

I agree it's 100% her fault and she needs to deal with it the right way

Old 12-29-2010, 07:20 PM   #825
amercnwmn
Quote:

I'd like to know how phoenix died as well.
Finding that he'd even died was sheer luck..I haven't turned up anything on his CoD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddictedToBoas
I'd also like to know, if the snake Ruby was in such deplorable condition as she has turned around and said, why did she allow Yvonne's animal to breed her? I hardly think if she was in bad shape Yvonne would have allowed her snake in with her if she knew of Ruby's condition.
The girl clearly has issues with honesty.

Her snakes are "healthy" when it suits her to say they are healthy (For example, sale ads/breeding projects/when this was all brought up).

However, if it suits her to appear a "savior" & "responsible, caring keeper", then the snake's condition is suddenly atrocious, and it's ALWAYS the original owner's fault, and she's the heroine for "rescuing" the snake.

As for Ruby:
The snake was handled frequently while gravid, if it was subclinical for IBD, IBD still could have played a major factor in weakening the immune system.

Phoenix, I would wager, died of a sudden onset of RI.

Old 12-31-2010, 08:03 PM   #826
hboyles66
Just curious of anyone has recieved their refunds?

Old 12-31-2010, 08:17 PM   #827
sally-dog
I'm still waiting for proof of necropsies. Not that they'll help at this point since one already died of IBD, but I want to see if she has all the necropsies on the dead animals like she claims to. All of them. Not just the obvious ones.

Old 12-31-2010, 08:24 PM   #828
hboyles66
I am sure she does not. She has been caught in too many lies and twisted tales to be able to truely believe her anymore. I know she said something about refunds and she claimed before to have all this extra money so it should be very easy to pay the people back that deserve refunds. Seems fair.

Old 01-01-2011, 03:57 AM   #829
RachelSS
She refunded me and it cleared through paypal.

Old 01-01-2011, 04:11 AM   #830
hhmoore
Just a reminder to all that profanity is not acceptable here, so please choose your words accordingly. Also, including profanity in quoted text is basically the same as posting it yourself - the words might not be yours; but, ultimately, you are responsible for the content of your posts.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ibd