Man shot & robbed during parking lot snake sale - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-23-2012, 03:33 PM   #1
SERPENTS DEN
Man shot & robbed during parking lot snake sale

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/01/23...a-parking-lot/
Attached Images

Old 01-23-2012, 03:40 PM   #2
JustChad04
Wow. Unbelievable. Good to hear he is in stable condition but still, wow. I hope we get the name soon of both the victim and shooter. One to know who to send prayers out to and secondly to know allow everyone to know who to avoid!

Old 01-23-2012, 03:48 PM   #3
SERPENTS DEN
I know who the victim is but I would like to find out who the criminal is that was crazy enough to pull a stunt like this and think they would get away with it.

Old 01-23-2012, 03:57 PM   #4
JustChad04
Quote:
Originally Posted by SERPENTS DEN View Post
I know who the victim is but I would like to find out who the criminal is that was crazy enough to pull a stunt like this and think they would get away with it.
Agreed. At least there is a brief description on the suspect so people can be suspicious about face to face trades/deals.

Wonder if this should be a BOI as a warning? This is pretty serious considering he still on the loose and didnt get away with the 20 BP's.

Send my thoughts to the victim and if he needs anything let the community know I'm sure we all would help!

Old 01-23-2012, 04:00 PM   #5
AbsoluteApril
just FYi - the update to that story that was posted on the original thread about this
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=298563

said:
UPDATE: Police say the gunman stole the snake dealer's Toyota Rav 4 with the snakes in it and crashed it into a pole. That's why he had to flee on foot. Cops are fairly certain that he is the guy who was supposed to buy the snakes, but they cannot be sure. Apparently, the shooter didn't identify himself to the Doylestown man, so there is a slim possibility that this was just a random carjacking that happened before the prearranged snake deal.

So if you were supposed to buy 20 pythons in a parking lot today but the guy wasn't there, call Ridley police and help them solve this shooting

Old 01-23-2012, 08:25 PM   #6
KY Reptiles
This is horrible.... Some people... :/

This is why unless I know the person, I never give my address, I meet in a more busier place, like a gas station. I never go alone. I generally always bring my dog. Who as cute and fluffy as she is. Is one of the best guard dogs ever.

Yea a grocery parking lot might have been okay, but I would have rather have waiting by the entrance than somewhere in the parking lot.

Whether it was the guy that was suppose to buy the snakes or some random thing.... Always good to take extra precautions. (Might explain why the car was crashed, guy prolly saw or heard the snakes and freaked)

Hope the guy recovers well. Give him our well wishes if you are able to.

Old 01-23-2012, 09:42 PM   #7
Kingofspades
Sad commentary on society when you have to pack heat to sell a snake.

Old 01-23-2012, 10:26 PM   #8
snakesRkewl
Lets all Keep Mark in our thoughts.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/br...137931638.html

Old 01-23-2012, 11:12 PM   #9
morph evolution
is mark a fauna member?

Old 01-23-2012, 11:23 PM   #10
SERPENTS DEN
http://www.philly.com/philly/news/br...137931638.html

I'm not sure if Mark is a member here or not.
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!