Color Question In BCI Morphs ? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-01-2014, 10:02 AM   #1
thesarge2014
Color Question In BCI Morphs ?

I have mainly kept locale BCC and am very familiar with their color as they age. I am thinking of getting a nice, high end BCI morph. Not a hypo or albino. Looking at jungles and harlequins. Which would you recommend for good saddle and tail color with light background color potential with age? I thank you for your advice. Bill

Old 10-01-2014, 12:33 PM   #2
ShadowAceD
Either a high quality Jungle or Harlequin should be a nice adult.

Any high quality one would be, the key is just finding one that is, in fact, high quality.

Junk bred to junk generally creates junk, regardless of what morph is involved.

Old 10-01-2014, 03:32 PM   #3
thesarge2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAceD View Post
Either a high quality Jungle or Harlequin should be a nice adult.

Any high quality one would be, the key is just finding one that is, in fact, high quality.

Junk bred to junk generally creates junk, regardless of what morph is involved.
Thanks for the reply. That makes a lot of good sense. Bill

Old 10-01-2014, 03:52 PM   #4
AbsoluteApril
Harli and Jungle, my two favorites!

I agree, high quality of either one should give you what you are looking for, even a really nice quality pastel will have the look you're wanting. In general, jungles may have a higher contrast with a lighter base creme color on top with the thick black borders around the tail saddles giving a good contrast. Harlequin lines may give a really great base color saturation (oranges and pinks all over) along with some neat patterns as well. So for contrast, I'd go jungle and for color, I'd go harli.

I'll try to get a shot of a jungle with a normal harlequin (most of the ones I kept are hypo harlis) to add to this thread. Although mine are nice, I wouldn't say they are 'the best of the best' but to try to illustrate the differences I'm mentioning.

Old 10-01-2014, 10:22 PM   #5
thesarge2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
Harli and Jungle, my two favorites!

I agree, high quality of either one should give you what you are looking for, even a really nice quality pastel will have the look you're wanting. In general, jungles may have a higher contrast with a lighter base creme color on top with the thick black borders around the tail saddles giving a good contrast. Harlequin lines may give a really great base color saturation (oranges and pinks all over) along with some neat patterns as well. So for contrast, I'd go jungle and for color, I'd go harli.

I'll try to get a shot of a jungle with a normal harlequin (most of the ones I kept are hypo harlis) to add to this thread. Although mine are nice, I wouldn't say they are 'the best of the best' but to try to illustrate the differences I'm mentioning.
Thanks for your help and advice. If you could post some pics that would be wonderful and appreciated. Bill

Old 10-02-2014, 04:08 PM   #6
thesarge2014
AbsolutApril,

Well of all things a screamer of a hypo jungle caught my attention so hypo pics are welcome too. Thanks, Bill

Old 10-02-2014, 06:58 PM   #7
AbsoluteApril
haha nice!
I don't have any hypo jungles but I do have hypo harlis so I'll add them too. If I can't do it tonight, I should have time Saturday to get some pics for you.

Old 10-02-2014, 08:08 PM   #8
ShadowAceD
I hope April doesn't mind, but in relation to what she mentioned about pastel animals ...

Any line selectively bred for color, with or without morph genes added into it can produce amazingly colorful animals. Here are a few examples of some European Pastel Hypos.

This is only one line I work with. Color is my self-appointed forte.
Attached Images

Old 10-03-2014, 11:01 AM   #9
thesarge2014
Those are some awesome boas ShadowAceD. Thanks for posting them and I am looking at your for sell ads. Bill

Old 10-03-2014, 01:31 PM   #10
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAceD View Post
I hope April doesn't mind, but in relation to what she mentioned about pastel animals ...
I was thinking of your pastels when I mentioned it, so perfect!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!