crestie female problems!!!!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-09-2005, 12:41 AM   #1
CrazyRhacos
crestie female problems!!!!!!

ok i have a 2-2.5 year old female poroven .she was with a male in the beggining of febuary but the male was steral.but now she is showing eggs and isnt eating she hasnt been with a male since febuary.and i think she is egg bound about 2 weeks ago she was sick.she was twitching not eating not moving pretty much was a vegitable.but she made a complete u-turn and started looking better.but i got her out tonight and noticed eggs in her.and the past 3 nights i have noticed her in the nest box i have in there for my other female i even found vermeculite in her mouth and all over her head.but she isnt eating she is drinking and she is moving alot .i am not sure what is going on but i think she got sick because of the eggs and what i thought she got sick was because of me giving her too much D3 but i didnt give that much (1 a week or so).can any one tell me what i am doing wrong .or any thing i can do to try and make her pass the eggs.thanks for ur time.jeff

Old 04-09-2005, 05:03 PM   #2
sircat
hard to say...
can't they hold on to sperm until they're ready for eggs?

mine don't eat when they get ready to lay eggs...they start digging and lay within a few days...

it was hindsight that I might have lost a female that was eggbound...she laid 1 egg...a couple weeks later she was really lethargic...I took her out and put her under uv and all with food right in front of her, held up to her nose (wouldn't eat or drink)...she died in 2 days...unfortunately I didn't think about the possibility that she had another egg in her until later so I don't know

don't know if it would be overreacting to say to have it checked out or to wait a couple days since she's digging to lay eggs
I don't have vermic in the nest box though...it's not good if they ingest it...mine has coco bark (shredded, dirt-like) and moss

Old 04-09-2005, 05:06 PM   #3
sircat
the twitching is bad, but seems like it was a calcium od

I don't know if cresteds cover that up if it continues, but it sounds like she moving well now...

so either take her to a vet or watch her very closely

Old 04-12-2005, 12:45 AM   #4
CrazyRhacos
eggs are here

thanks sircat for the info but my female layed 2 white healthy eggs tonight and is looking better just thought i would tell u she turned out good and i got some eggs.thanks again jeff

Old 04-12-2005, 03:13 AM   #5
sircat
thanks for letting me know...that's great to hear...I had a surprise egg from a newly paired female last night (just 1, her first time)
good luck with them

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!