Albino Scarlet Kingsnakes- they do exist. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Kingsnakes & Milksnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-24-2015, 10:59 PM   #1
angeladelowallace
Albino Scarlet Kingsnakes- they do exist.

There's some dispute whether or not albino scarlet kingsnakes exist. Here is a picture I found online. I don't own the snake, the pictures not mine, its just evidence they exist. I once had contact with the owner of a female albino scarlet king. Hoping to find him again as he may be interested in the "tangerine phase" I have for sale.
Attached Images

Old 09-25-2015, 08:15 PM   #2
extreme_hypo
More on Scarlet Kings

Here are 2 SK I found (and released) this past Spring in Central FL.
Never heard the term "tangerine phase" used to describe them. Tangerine phase started way back with Honduran Milksnakes to distinguish the darker specimens from the really nice light bright ones. To me, in my opinion, all SK are tangerine phase. But just as all snakes, there are regional variance and as seen in the darker specimen I found, even local variations with the immediate populations.

Also, many, many moons ago I collected the coolest aberrant pattern SK ever!
I'll see if I can dig up that old photo and somehow post it.
Sure would like to know the story behind the albino SK, super nice!
Attached Images

Old 09-25-2015, 08:22 PM   #3
angeladelowallace
we have white banded ones in sc. Yellow bands are in fl. some of the florida yellow bands have a orange hue, Those are the ones coined tangerine phase. just like in hondos some locales had more orange instead of yellow bands making them bi-color. The point here is if someone refined these orange phase scarlets they would no doubt make astounding albinos. Beautiful snakes and thanks for the photos.

Old 09-25-2015, 08:36 PM   #4
angeladelowallace
since we have the yellow type posted I will post pics of the white phase and another pic of the orange phase. The pic I took is poor quality but shows the orange a little better than the one from yesterday which didn't show the orange hue very well.
Attached Images

Old 09-25-2015, 08:38 PM   #5
angeladelowallace
It would be way more obvious if we had all three snakes together in daylight but we can all see the differences now. It reminds me of the subtle differences in western hogs that make a huge difference when used in morphs.

Old 12-20-2015, 01:49 AM   #6
extreme_hypo
baby sk

candy cane, wild caught in Central FL
Attached Images

Old 01-10-2016, 08:22 AM   #7
markpulawski
Wow Mike really beautiful animal, hard to top what nature created.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!