Can I use a radiant heat panel as the only heat source for my water dragon. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Other Lizards Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-10-2016, 11:50 PM   #1
waterdragon5
Can I use a radiant heat panel as the only heat source for my water dragon.

I have a 4ft wide, 4ft deep, 5ft tall. It is made of osb except for the front which is glass. Will the 160 watt radiant heat panel reach the bottom of the cage.

Old 06-11-2016, 12:03 AM   #2
waterdragon5
This my cage
Attached Images

Old 06-11-2016, 08:45 AM   #3
cool cat
The lizard will climb higher to reach the warmer area's , that is a very nice setup and should serve your lizard very well good job !!

Old 06-11-2016, 09:33 AM   #4
waterdragon5
Thanks and that makes sense

Old 06-11-2016, 12:58 PM   #5
JButera
If you're talking about a Reptile Basics Inc. heat panel then it probably best to contact them with your dimensions.

Old 06-12-2016, 04:08 PM   #6
DCA1
if you have that bulb fixture already installed you could use an MVB to get both heat and UVB from that single source. That will aid the heat output from the panel and will also take care of your UVA. The way the florescent tube is installed right now is potentially dangerous for the lizard's eyes - it is better to have it overhead so that light does not pierce the eyes horizontally. The fixture looks too long for that and assuming you go the MVB route you can get rid of the tube entirely. Even better would be get a smaller florescent fixture, mount it on top, and use a lower-color bulb for the early morning and sunset photoperiod (and the MVB can your daytime bulb if you'd like). The cage looks great, nice job with the decorations.

Old 06-12-2016, 04:14 PM   #7
waterdragon5
Thanks I will fix that and look into getting a mvb instead

Old 06-12-2016, 05:00 PM   #8
hhmoore
So...what, exactly, are you selling?

Old 06-12-2016, 05:02 PM   #9
waterdragon5
Not selling anything just asking a question

Old 06-12-2016, 05:27 PM   #10
hhmoore
If you aren't selling, this doesn't belong in the classifieds.
This thread has been moved to the corresponding discussion forum.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!