Herping in my soon to be new home in Hamilton Georgia - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Field Collecting/Observing

Notices

Field Collecting/Observing Sightings of herps in the wild, where-tos and how-tos, as well as photos of herps in their native environment.

Old 11-25-2006, 08:22 PM   #1
Laura Fopiano
Herping in my soon to be new home in Hamilton Georgia

My big catch hehehe
Attached Images

Old 11-25-2006, 08:46 PM   #2
Mike Greathouse
Laura,
How is it that you're ending up in Georgia?
It's one of the most backward states in regards to herpetological legislation.
If you're dead set on going there; hopefully you can help to enact some changes.
They definitely need some forward-thinking people like you.

Best of luck....

Old 11-25-2006, 09:11 PM   #3
Laura Fopiano
Well, long story short, I can't move the country boy here, so the city girl is going there LOL I have heard about some of the laws and native species, but don't really know much more. Can you enlighten me??
I will be in contact with Brian Potter if some stuff needs to be changed. I also contacted BW Smith about joining a herp society out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Greathouse
Laura,
How is it that you're ending up in Georgia?
It's one of the most backward states in regards to herpetological legislation.
If you're dead set on going there; hopefully you can help to enact some changes.
They definitely need some forward-thinking people like you.

Best of luck....

Old 11-25-2006, 09:26 PM   #4
Ginger Ambrose
I agree Mike, I too live in Ga. The herp laws need to be revamped badly.

Old 11-25-2006, 09:31 PM   #5
Ginger Ambrose
Oh yeah, love those herps Laura. If it were warmer you may have seen a few more interesting species. But soon enough

Old 11-26-2006, 02:02 AM   #6
ByRandom
Well.. The Laws go something like this... You can't catch/harass/keep/anything any native fauna/reptiles... Something along those lines. It sucks.

Old 03-16-2007, 11:58 PM   #7
swf0
It is more restrictive but a lot of people think reptiles are food or kill reptiles just for sport in this state. Get a wildlife rehibilitator licence and work with the DNR and it would make it easier.

The biggest problem is finding a good herp vet that won't turn you in.

Old 03-24-2007, 10:25 PM   #8
BryonsBoas
Went back out today , took the little woman ( Laura ) out creek walking. Big suprise to her, we ACTUALLY walked IN the creek. Found a few things for our first outting this season.
Attached Images

Old 03-24-2007, 10:33 PM   #9
BryonsBoas
Here we are in all our glory.
Attached Images

Old 03-25-2007, 09:30 AM   #10
Laura Fopiano
Oh yeah, when he asked me to go for a creek walk, I ASSumed it meant walking along the creek, not in it. Thank God he missed the photo op of my head over heels, summer salt!

I tried to step over a log, realized that my legs were too short and decided to step on it to cross over it, thinking to myself "hey I can concure this obstacle" yes! Jane of the jungle has nothin on me, but I was wrong.

When I perched my left foot atop the log, it gave out, thank god I can think in mid air! I saw my face heading straight for the ground and flipped myself to land squarely on my back!

I am now laughing and bleeding form my shin, left abdomen, left wrist and left elbow! I here this "honey, are you ok"???? As I'm lying there injured, I think to myself, Oh yeah dear, don't come over to check on my wounds, I'm just peachy!!!!

Keeping my dignity in tact, I got up and continued on our adventure.

I will save the details of nearly being sucked under by the current of the so called deep spots of the water.

And I can't wait to do this again!!!!