Bad Guy Mitch Whyte (WHYTEARK) - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-13-2018, 04:48 PM   #51
Vithaxton
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCCS View Post
So let me get this straight, Victoria. If you are ever inconvenienced or have someone do something that doesn't sit well with you, you are entitled to shout what amounts to hate speech at them and people should just continue doing business with you as long as you supply the animals they paid for? Money isn't everything, but it is a tool to show one's ethics. Not paying attention to someone's behavior in order to get something you want can get really sticky really quickly. Where is the line drawn, if there is a line at all? Basically, this is sort of similar to the guys in Charlottesville that were identified and lost their jobs as soon as it was known they were there. They could easily have said "Well, they work hard and do a good job while they're here." You say something about yourself by choosing who you associate with and those employers obviously chose not to be associated with white supremacists. I think many people will choose not to associate themselves with someone who is bigoted towards others. Although hell, it might get him extra business from some of our less enlightened brethren.
As a business owner I get the awesome choice to do business with whoever I want. Yes I would do business with someone who messed up once with one message. If someone has an amazing animal that I want then I’m going to do business with them. Again I could care less about your religion, who you talk to, what your gender is, or how you talked to someone in the past. It doesn’t concern me what concerns me is the animal. Did OP sell a wrong animal, scam someone, sell a sick animal, no. He went off on someone and yes he shouldn’t have but he did. Did the “buyer” get annoyed because he wanted to buy an animal but never committed or put any money down yes. The buyer sounds like a waste of time. It’s always first come first serve. If your don’t want to do first come first serve with your business you don’t have too just know that’s how most business operate. I’m not saying what Mitch did was right but I’m not saying OP was in the right either.

Old 02-13-2018, 05:02 PM   #52
Vithaxton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Are you not able to realize to realize that they both had actions that warranted criticism? Is your world one where you have to whitewash one party and vilify the other?
First of all I said they were both in the wrong. Second of all they were both immature. Mitch’s email was immature but so was OP’s choice to make a BIO because he couldn’t get his way because he refused to put any money on an animals to hold it.

Old 02-13-2018, 05:12 PM   #53
nickolasanastasiou
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCCS View Post
That may be your opinion and if it is, that's awesome. Unfortunately, this thought is not shared by many. I spent the last three years working as a medical case manager for people with HIV in the rural south. This included working very closely with a large number of gay men. Let me tell you, many of them were scared to death that anyone, including their family would know they were gay. That thought process is not only found here, but there does seem to be a concentration.

I disagree with your assertion that people call people the opposite of what they are to insult them. People call people what they feel will hurt them most. They call them the "worst" thing they can think of. These types of exchanges are windows into one's mind. It's sort of like the truth coming out when drunk. When someone gets heated up, they don't think and will say whatever they truly feel. And we obviously now know what Mitch thinks of the LGBT community. I hope that people consider this knowledge when thinking of doing business with him in the future.
Sadly, I do realize that, yes.

Sometimes what people call others to hurt them the most is not something that they believe to be true. Sometimes the weaponry is precise and sometimes it is a shot in the dark. If someone wanted to take a broad shot at an unknown male target, I could see this being among options considered simply based on a perceived likelihood of anticipated response. It could mean more than that, but it could easily mean only and exactly that. Without additional information, I do not want to reach beyond what I have observed in this case.

I feel like there is not enough information to make that sweeping conclusion. I would need to see a pattern of behavior directed at particular recipients. I have not been provided with that. Some may assume it and I can understand why, but I will not. I think it would be unfair of me.

Old 02-13-2018, 05:31 PM   #54
Herpin Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vithaxton View Post
As a business owner I get the awesome choice to do business with whoever I want.
That is an awesome choice. For most business people, our "awesome choice" is that we will do business with almost anybody who reasonably has the potential to purchase our product or service. Yes, I do realize that some degree of selectivity factors into dealing with live animals.
Quote:
If someone has an amazing animal that I want then I’m going to do business with them.
When you are a little older and more experienced, you will no longer be willing to put up with poor service, rude behavior, and so forth- whether the animal is amazing or not. I promise.
Quote:
The buyer sounds like a waste of time.
It's a mistake to pre-judge people. Some of the biggest sales of my business career have come from customers that initially seemed like a waste of time. In reading this thread, I get the impression that the OP was ready to make a purchase, subject to just a little more info on the animal. I'm not saying that Mitch was wrong to sell to somebody else that was willing to commit first, but I don't think he was a waste of time.

I'm not trying to bash your opinions. I'm trying to offer you a more realistic perspective.

Old 02-13-2018, 08:13 PM   #55
Apokolips
I don’t think op asked for the animal to be held at all, op asked a question, recieved an answer of “ill weigh when i return from a trip” and only followed up with a message once they had been sold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 02-13-2018, 10:53 PM   #56
caffeinecynic
Quote:
Berating him for it post after post doesn't help either. And OP was practically antagonizing him if not baiting him saying how he was making "rookie mistakes". In my opinion OP wrote a BOI because he was mad he didn't get a gecko he never put a deposit down on or even asked to hold. He was also unprofessional as well but since he's a "Customer" he gets off scott free. I don't know if we can really call him a customer though since he didn't really buy anything... Anyways! I'm just saying thats not the kind of person I would want to sell any of my animals to. You don't have to pay for courtesy. OP didn't have any courtesy as well with the way he talked to Mitch.
A frequent statement on the BOI that is important to understand and learn from is this:

The measure of a businessman is not in how he handles a 'good' customer. It is not in the quality of the product (in this case animals) he produces. It is not in the way he treats those who are on his side, or who are good to him.

The measure of a businessman is in how he treats a problem customer. It is in how he treats those who would take advantage. It is in how he handles those problems.

Mitch was baited, yes.
Being a business owner means not rising to that bait. It means being above that.

Yes, we have all had a moment of weakness. I do not think Mitch is a bad person. I think his wording choice was very wrong (and personally offends me), and I think he regrets it. But he should also have never allowed himself to be baited into reacting that way, and the appropriate response when you lash out and make a mistake is to apologize. No excuses.

That's it. That's all there is to it.

Old 02-14-2018, 12:01 AM   #57
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Sean, unless a seller expressly tells you he will hold stock for you (not 'I will get back to you' but 'I will hold these animals for 24 hours', or unless you have placed a deposit or paid in full, there is no obligation for any seller to hold animals for you.
All sorts of people express interest in animals and sometimes even tell sellers that they are going to buy, or as you did, ask for further information, but then walk away. No commitment was made by either side.

In my opinion Mitch did nothing wrong.
I completely agree with this, and that would be my opinion also.

Old 02-14-2018, 11:56 AM   #58
Mark M
"Mitch was baited, yes.
Being a business owner means not rising to that bait. It means being above that."

Rarely post here but here's my two cents......The beauty of being a business owner is you can run your business anyway you like......If you choose not to buy from him now because of a left handed comment...don't. If he sells quality animals (which he does), I could care less what he says, I'll buy from him. Also the guy apologized (several times) and your all still berating him. What else do you want him to do? Commit suicide? Would that finally satisfy you? Geez....it's over and done. Get on with your lives............

Old 02-14-2018, 01:04 PM   #59
Akiranar
The amount of people who think business owners can treat people horribly because they have quality product is frightening.

Old 02-14-2018, 01:14 PM   #60
Lucille
Quote:
Again I could care less about your religion, who you talk to, what your gender is, or how you talked to someone in the past.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiranar View Post
The amount of people who think business owners can treat people horribly because they have quality product is frightening.
I agree. But the BOI helps, as a forum of record often identifying such people and businesses by the way they express themselves here. Then it is up to the rest of us to decide whether to do business with them.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!