I can't go to the last page of a thread? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 01-13-2005, 09:12 PM   #1
ms_terese
Unhappy I can't go to the last page of a thread?

Something odd is happening. Originally I thought it was my PC (which is, if anyone is interested, possessed by some wicked satanic spirits), but when it happened at my office on my laptop, I figured that maybe it's not just me.

When I log in, I almost always click on "New Posts" so I can peruse quickly what's been going on. If I click on a thread that has multiple pages, on several occasions it will not let me go to the last page. I can see that there is a "page 12", and on the front page it states who the last poster was, but when I finish reading page 11 and try to access the next page, it reloads the same page I'm on. I've even closed the current window and opened a new one, same thing.

It doesn't happen every time, but it's happened 3 or 4 times this week.

Is this happening to anyone else?

Old 01-13-2005, 10:06 PM   #2
starwarsdad
Have not noticed it myself, and I browse the site by using the New Posts link too????

Old 01-14-2005, 01:03 PM   #3
Wilomn
I've had that happen both at home on my "wonderful and most well loved of all laptops," the little bugger may be reading this, and at work.

Ms. Terese, would please keep your boojums to yourself? I bet yours visited me and infected my computer, yeah, that's it.

Old 01-15-2005, 07:44 AM   #4
DAND
Same problem happening here on both of my computers. I've even had troubles getting to the last page when clicking on the number. (i.e. I'm on page 4 of 5. I then click on 5 and the screen reloads to page 4 again)

Old 01-15-2005, 08:41 AM   #5
ms_terese
At least I know I'm not crazy (at least not about this)
Quote:
Ms. Terese, would please keep your boojums to yourself?
Sorry, Wes, I've always been a little loose in the boojums department!

Old 01-15-2005, 08:50 AM   #6
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_terese
At least I know I'm not crazy

ms_terese,

You're just as sane as Wes and I.

Old 01-15-2005, 02:43 PM   #7
Sasheena
Waves hands wildly

Me too! Me Too! It has happened just a few times. I figure one of two things is happening.... someone is writing a post, so the software THINKS there's another message when there isn't and goes a little bit crazy until it actually IS posted, ..or.... it IS possessed by demons.

Old 01-15-2005, 11:14 PM   #8
WebSlave
Well, I could run this by my programmer, but I know darn right well he is going to ask me for an example of the problem to look at.

So do this for me, please. When you see the problem, let me know what thread it is in so I can try to copy it and lock the copy down before someone adds another post to it and changes the problem. If I can't show him the problem, then he won't be able to fix it.

Thanks.

Old 01-16-2005, 12:41 AM   #9
Sasheena
should we use the "report this thread" link? I will use that the next time I see this happening, but it's pretty intermittent

Old 01-16-2005, 07:58 AM   #10
ms_terese
Quote:
You're just as sane as Wes and I.
Yikes!!

Webslave, I'll be happy to report it next time. So you can give your programmer additional info, here's what I did the last time it happened.

It was on the "who is pete perez" thread. When I went to "New Posts" it came up, and showed the last post by DAND. I clicked on "go to first new post" or whatever that little icon is. It took me to the first new post, which was on page 11. Page 12 showed up on top. When I clicked on the next page, it reloaded page 11. So, I changed the "11" to a "12" in the address bar (Yep, I'm always thinkin'), and clicked enter. It redirected to page 11.

Next, I went back to "New Posts" and sure enough, it was still showing the last post of the thread by DAND a few hours before. I went to DAND's profile and clicked "See all posts by this user", and sure enough it showed up. It was actually a very short post, so the whole thing showed there.

DAND's post was apparently the only one on page 12. Yet, after another person posted on the thread, I was able to go to page 12. It seemed as though DAND's post was not quite secured in the thread until someone posted behind him.

After checking on another thread that I couldn't go to the last page on, (sorry don't remember which one that one was), I waited for another post to show up as "last post", and then I could access the last page of that one as well.

Hope this helps give further background info to your programmer, and I'll notify you when it happens again.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!