Eli Brooks of BadAssHerps.com (Sanford, Florida) - THIEF - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-14-2008, 03:02 AM   #1
Kita
Eli Brooks of BadAssHerps.com (Sanford, Florida) - THIEF

I inquired to one of Eli's adds for a Crested Gecko on Pangea's Forum. He gave 4 quick responses to me - 1) If I was serious because he had 3 other people interested, 2)He did not yet accept PayPal, 3) name and address, 4) shipping price. After I told him I had shipped the money order of $120 (with tracking and signature conformation) on a Monday and he never answered again.

I always attempted contact through the forum private messages so I could check for answers at work and the forum shows who has been online in the last 24 hours thus I know he recieved my messages. He also continued to post ads now saying he wanted to sell all of his Cresteds as he wanted to get out of breeding them, but still no answer. The following Friday I checked the postal tracking number again and he had finally picked it up. It's been 2 weeks since first contact and nothing.

Other buyers please be wary as he still has ads posted at least on Pangea.

Old 03-14-2008, 06:16 AM   #2
kmurphy
I guess the name of his myspace page could give you a clue as to his character.

http://www.myspace.com/antiethicalintellectual

Am I reading this right Kita? You sent the money without him asking for it.

Old 03-14-2008, 07:07 AM   #3
snakewrangler
I wonder why he would cheat someone out of a hundred bucks.

His myspace page says he makes over $250k...

Old 03-14-2008, 07:58 AM   #4
Rabid Hobbit
This Eli is a crook, he is (was) part of a fake animals rescue in Sanford called save a life pet rescue (something like that) his partner is a girl named Colette (last name started with a P I think). They would go to yhe locale pound and get puppies and kittens for free by saying they were going to adopt them out but in realality they were selling them on craigs list and the news papers for hundreads on dollars. There was a big stick over this and I believe the state put a ened to it. I have heard that that they are still going to the locale petsmarts and adopting animals out?

Old 03-15-2008, 08:20 PM   #5
Mr.BadAss
Stop!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Hobbit
This Eli is a crook, he is (was) part of a fake animals rescue in Sanford called save a life pet rescue (something like that) his partner is a girl named Colette (last name started with a P I think). They would go to yhe locale pound and get puppies and kittens for free by saying they were going to adopt them out but in realality they were selling them on craigs list and the news papers for hundreads on dollars. There was a big stick over this and I believe the state put a ened to it. I have heard that that they are still going to the locale petsmarts and adopting animals out?

LMFAO!!!!
Where do you get this stuff and how many Eli's are there in Sanford??? Really your quiet misinformed. Why don't you look into stories defaming peoples character before you make accusations like that.
I could probablly take legal action against you for that statement.
Libel: 1 a: a written statement in which a plaintiff in certain courts sets forth the cause of action or the relief sought barchaic : a handbill especially attacking or defaming someone
2 a: a written or oral defamatory statement or representation that conveys an unjustly unfavorable impression b (1): a statement or representation published without just cause and tending to expose another to public contempt (2): defamation of a person by written or representational means

Old 03-16-2008, 03:06 AM   #6
Rabid Hobbit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.BadAss
LMFAO!!!!
Where do you get this stuff and how many Eli's are there in Sanford??? Really your quiet misinformed. Why don't you look into stories defaming peoples character before you make accusations like that.
I could probablly take legal action against you for that statement.
Libel: 1 a: a written statement in which a plaintiff in certain courts sets forth the cause of action or the relief sought barchaic : a handbill especially attacking or defaming someone
2 a: a written or oral defamatory statement or representation that conveys an unjustly unfavorable impression b (1): a statement or representation published without just cause and tending to expose another to public contempt (2): defamation of a person by written or representational means
Well Mr. Brooks, I got that info from the Orlando Sentinal (Sanfords local newspaper). Your involment was in a fake Reptile rescue that was working hand and hand with Save a life animals rescue.

Old 03-16-2008, 03:23 AM   #7
critical bill
Quote:
Well Mr. Brooks, I got that info from the Orlando Sentinal (Sanfords local newspaper). Your involment was in a fake Reptile rescue that was working hand and hand with Save a life animals rescue.
If you have a link to the article that names him then post it.

Old 03-16-2008, 10:11 AM   #8
Rabid Hobbit
Bill. wht are you defending this creep so much? Normally it is everyone else tell you to cool your jets but for some reason you are wanting people to stop posting about this guy, why? I kind of wonder if you know him, you and mr. ass do onot live to far from on another and your post are out of charicter on this thread.

I was at Disney for a week-end in 12/07 with my family when I read the artical so I don't have a link, I simplly made a note not to deal with him.

I hope that mr. ass does send the animals and the buyer is happy with them but the fact remains, if the op did not come here would mr. ass have of sent the animals?

Old 03-16-2008, 10:46 AM   #9
Jaybee
Quote:
I was at Disney for a week-end in 12/07 with my family when I read the artical so I don't have a link, I simplly made a note not to deal with him.
Mr. Tieman, I found a website that apparently archives the Orlando Sentinel's articles and tried searching for "reptiles," "Eli Brooks," "animal rescue," "Eli" with "Colette," "Eli" with "Sanford," and "Eli" with "pound" and wasn't able to find anything relevant in December 2007. Maybe you can turn up proof if you remember anything else from the article that might be searchable?
The site I'm using is: http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/orlandosentinel/search.html

You have to pay to receive an article but it does give you a free preview so you should be able to pick out the one you saw.

Old 03-16-2008, 09:00 PM   #10
Mr.BadAss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybee
Mr. Tieman, I found a website that apparently archives the Orlando Sentinel's articles and tried searching for "reptiles," "Eli Brooks," "animal rescue," "Eli" with "Colette," "Eli" with "Sanford," and "Eli" with "pound" and wasn't able to find anything relevant in December 2007. Maybe you can turn up proof if you remember anything else from the article that might be searchable?
The site I'm using is: http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/orlandosentinel/search.html

You have to pay to receive an article but it does give you a free preview so you should be able to pick out the one you saw.

Yeah this nonexistant artical is bullshit.
I'll gladlly GIVE the rest of my high end collection worth over 1,000.00 to anyone who can find an artical about me having anything to do with any of the said claims.