thank you to the good the bad and the ugly - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-03-2008, 04:19 PM   #1
tinmantribe5
thank you to the good the bad and the ugly

Well its not as bad as it seems,I say the good the bad and the ugly because sometimes we as snake handlers,husbands,etc.. ask,say and do stupid things in general and in the eyes of are peers,friends,and family,so we need a place like this and others like it so we can ask the dumb questions that arise in everyday snake handling.With this I would like to say thank you to who have been kind,sorry to you who think us as handlers are asking stupid uniformed questions and to the plain ugly mean people get a life everybody was a novice at one time in thier life so get a life hehehe just kiddin.i would just like to close in saying that if it was not for some of us asking the trivial questions there would not be a need for places like this because everybody would know everything already and man that would be a drag of a boring place, : I for one would not care to frequent.

Old 02-03-2008, 06:02 PM   #2
The BoidSmith
Shawn,

There are no "stupid, uninformed questions". You will find people whose ego does not allow them to ask questions...that's their loss. As for the "ugly", here's my contribution to it. You posted this in the wrong forum!

Old 02-03-2008, 06:20 PM   #3
tinmantribe5
OOPS SORRY

Old 02-03-2008, 09:05 PM   #4
hhmoore
As long as we are talking ugly...a note to the defense of SOME of the frustrated and impatient responses: keep in mind that many of those "dumb questions that arise in everyday snake handling" have been asked and answered hundreds of times over. Most of us realize that everybody starts somewhere, and most of us even remember our roots - that is part of why we come here and answer questions - but sometimes it is enough to make people .
That said, though, Dan is correct...the stupid questions are the ones whose answers are never sought.
(oops - going back to ugly again, lol)
It never ceases to amaze me that people will use the search function, or scroll through, and respond to 3yr old classifieds, but they can't be bothered to to expend the effort to find the answers to oft asked questions.

On a more serious note, asking questions on an online forum is certainly easy, but you still need to decide which responses you will heed (it's true, you can't believe everything that everybody says) . Sometimes, the best answers never come out, for any number of reasons. Frequently, people start responding before having a firm grasp of the situation - sometimes, it is a matter of experience, or somebody just passing along a tidbit that they were told; perhaps something was misread, or the wrong term was used; sometimes it is because there are "canned answers" that people give, and they may be correct much of the time, but, if all the specifics aren't out in the open, those answers can do a disservice to the keeper and the animal. Further, there are different ways of doing things...and it isn't always as cut & dry as right vs wrong.

Enjoy the forums, and, when it doubt......
post pictures

Old 02-04-2008, 08:14 AM   #5
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore
Enjoy the forums, and, when it doubt......
post pictures

LOL AMEN! there are some serious picture junkies on this site ^_-

Old 02-04-2008, 08:59 AM   #6
hhmoore
I neglected to include the idea that there ARE some positive aspects of the same questions being asked repeatedly (hard to believe I just said that, lol):
- as I mentioned before, there is no 1 way...through the open exchange of ideas, even the veterans can sometimes pick up a few tricks/ideas (if they are open minded enough).
- things change. Over the years, there have been many changes in accepted and normal husbandry practices...and even more in the areas of advanced care. Having old questions pop up allows us to incorporate the newer ideas & knowledge

Old 02-04-2008, 06:38 PM   #7
tinmantribe5
I agree old wise snake keeper.sounds like we could all benefit from your hands on knowlege,wich is way cool.I myself do surf alot of info on some good key websites on snakes and reptiles as I own a couple sulcata land tortoises,but sometimes it takes someone giving some of thier experiences the do"s and don"ts in real terms for us slower folk to understand easier hehehe.... MY original point really was to thank people for taking time out of thier busy lives to help other people so that the animals get the best care we as thier care givers can give them.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!