Inquiry: Moe at US Boids - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-20-2003, 02:51 AM   #1
towertsk
Question Inquiry: Moe at US Boids

I'm buying some boas from Moe (Barry Morrisson). Just trying to get feel of other peoples experiences with him, either good or bad. Thanks

Allan McHenry

Old 11-20-2003, 08:49 AM   #2
Neil Gubitz
I've done business with Moe, and I've spoke to him on the phone, and we've emailed each other quite a number of times.... I've never had a problem and you shouldn't either!.... Enjoy!

Neil

Old 11-20-2003, 10:30 AM   #3
CrocEnc
Me also

I am in the process of acquiring an animal from Barry(Moe). He emailed me and accepted my offer. I sent him a postal MO overnight. I haven't heard from him since but it was signed for. I guess he'll be contacting me today for shipping.

I'll let you know how it turns out. So far he seems like a good guy.

Old 11-20-2003, 10:49 AM   #4
towertsk
Chris, can I ask what you bought from Moe?

I talked to him several times on the phone. He seems like a good guy. He's supposed to be shipping my animals out today? I'll update the board when I receive the animals.

Allan

Old 11-21-2003, 01:54 AM   #5
LindaH
Last winter I bought 2 Hogg Islands from Barry. I specifically wanted reduced pattern, reduced contrast, minimal speckling. He had one girl like this and found me another one. They were exactly what I wanted and exactly as represented. I haven't purchased anything from him since then, but that transaction was great!!

Linda Hedgpeth
Susanville, CA

Old 12-08-2003, 01:41 PM   #6
CrocEnc
Still waiting

It has been weeks since I placed my order with Barry(Moe) I have received minimal communication and no livestock.

A shipping date wasestablished and missed.

I have requested a refund.

He seems like an honest enough fella, I am at a loss how to explain this situation. I have ordered alot of animals via the net, and have never encountered a situation like this before.

If it reaches a positive conclusion I will post it.

Old 12-08-2003, 01:58 PM   #7
towertsk
Also still waiting

I'm still waiting for my animals from Moe (Barry Morrison). We had 2 scheduled shipping dates and he missed them both!! I've been trying to call him constantly with no answer. Also sent multiple emails with no replys. Based on posts from the BOI and speaking with him seems like a good guy but slow to respond. So I don't know what to think of the situation? I hope this ends positively, but will post the resolution regaurdless.

Allan McHenry

Old 12-10-2003, 11:25 AM   #8
CrocEnc
still nothing

More days have passed, no email or call.

More and more this looks like a deal that will be turning ugly.

Which is a real shame as I've never had a problem ordering from someone via the internet before.

Old 12-10-2003, 02:57 PM   #9
Greg Riso
Up Until Now I've Kept This Between Moe and Myself

but I think over three months is time enough to give someone a chance to get their act together. It started when I purchased an adult female DH Snow boa from Moe. Even though I overnighted payment of $2,200 for her to be shipped via the airlines same day service Moe took a few weeks to get the animal out. The airlines screwed things up and the animal didn't arrive until the next day after having been sent (not Moe's fault). When I finally did open up the contents in front of the airlines personnel I was pretty embaressed when a cockroach climbed out from the box. Right then and there I knew I was in trouble. I then proceeded to see the styro box cover with an adult mite crawling on the OUTSIDE surface of the lid. Now I thought to myself, if this guy's on the outside I can imagine what the inside must look like. Sure enough upon opening I saw quite a few more mites and only verified the animal was alive before leaving.
When I got home I immediately opened up the contents and can honestly say I've never seen such an infestation in my life. I left everything about 100 feet from my home except the snake which I took straight to the bathtub for treatment.
Amazingly enough the animal was otherwise in good health with good body weight and nice looking. When I told Moe via e-mail about the mite infestation he exploded saying it was not possible and he had no idea where those could have come from. He also stated I was just trying to get some money back and this was just a ploy to do so (I never asked for any compensation).
To top it off the original paperwork from VPI to verify the het status of the animal was not included as promised. I requested this be sent and Moe said although he couldn't find it anywhere he swore he had it, would find it, and send it soon.
After waiting patiently for a few more weeks I wrote Moe again and received the following read from bottom to top.:

----- Original Message -----
To: Barry Morrison
Sent: November 12, 2003 3:53 AM
Subject: Re: Het Dcumentation

I found the <font color=red>[bleep]</font>ing paperwork brother......Its outta state and was in my brothers snake papers for some reason..I just wanted to let you know that I'm still here and as soon as I get the papers I'll send them to you...... Moe

To: MATRIXNINJA70@aol.com
Sent: October 07, 2003 11:29 AM
Subject: Re: Het Dcumentation

Greg
I'm still looking for the paperwork,I know its here because the boa really came from VPI and is 100% dou-het snow...You will get your paperwork, the original paperwork from Dave and Tracy Barker..I know its bothering you,its <font color=red>[bleep]</font>ing killing me...I also found a few mites in my collection,and found them on some rats I had purchased from a local petshop...So I'll send you some money for your trouble and my mistake....I'm sorry about that and this paperwork,but I'll get you squared away as soon as I can .........please bare with me........Moe

To: jbmor@earthlink.net
Sent: October 07, 2003 9:36 AM
Subject: Het Dcumentation

Moe,

I'm still waiting for the paperwork on this female. You promised you'd send it weeks ago. Please get it to me immediately.

Greg
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Notice that in one letter Moe admitted to having found mites in his collection and says he's going to send me some cash along with the paperwork for my troubles. Well, after three months of being pateint I think I've waited long enough so I'm bringing out the truth here about my transaction with Moe. It looks like the only way I'm going to verify this het is to prove her out which one of my males is working on doing right now. If I paid $2,200 for a normal female adult Colombian needless to say I'm going to be very upset. I won't know until she hopefully bears offspring months down the road
Good luck with the rest of you. I have a feeling your animals are most likely being treated for mites or cockroaches so maybe it's just as well you haven't seen them yet.

Old 12-10-2003, 03:07 PM   #10
CrocEnc
It is my hope that he turns out to be a decent guy. I get no email, no phone messages, nothing.

It's been weeks and frankly I'm losing faith in this fella. Maybe he'll come through though.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!