Ugly - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-03-2005, 09:33 PM   #1
Lucille
Ugly

I think most snakes are beautiful. The patterns of the boas are particularly appealling to me; but I love the diverse morph colors of the cornsnakes, the vivid colorings of the milksnakes, the wide head of the tree boas, and I have a knockout diamond carpet cross with vivid patterns.

But

I got this pair of pythons a while back. Carpets, I think. They are ugly snakes. Brownish black with some greyish patterning. Every time I look at them, I tell them 'Jeez, you're ugly.'

I'm sure they are looking back through the glass thinking the same of me.

I'm not sure if they are male/female but they are around 5 feet. Perhaps I will wake up one day to a passel of eggs, and then get sweet little ugly babies....

Did you ever have snakes like that?

Old 09-03-2005, 09:58 PM   #2
Junkyard
My glass snake(okay a legless lizard) it(I do not know the sex) is the most awful looking lizard I have ever seen, with an attitude just as ugly.

I have a pair of Macklot's. Though they are really pretty as babies, all the pictures of adults I see I think "wow that is the ugly duckling in reverse"

But I love everyone of them!

Old 09-04-2005, 08:20 AM   #3
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille
I got this pair of pythons a while back. Carpets, I think. They are ugly snakes. Brownish black with some greyish patterning. Every time I look at them, I tell them 'Jeez, you're ugly.'
Show us pics, we'll tell you if they're ugly. Actually - you could even make a poll out of it. (the thing that puzzles me is WHY you got them if you think they are ugly, and you don't know what they are)

Old 09-04-2005, 08:48 AM   #4
cthulhu77
'Cause she is a softy !!!!
I've seen some fairly ugly carpet pythons over the years too...but the babies, at least for the first year, look quite nice !
greg

Old 09-04-2005, 09:15 AM   #5
Lucille
Will try to get the teenager to come take pix.
They are ugly in an endearing way, sort of like English bulldogs. Their little heat pits or whatever those are make them look like they are smiling.

Old 09-04-2005, 12:22 PM   #6
hhmoore
as long as you enjoy them, it doesn't matter what they look like

Old 09-10-2005, 01:55 AM   #7
snakeyman
when i went to the rep store to get my ball i was of coarse walking around looking at the reps and conditon of the tanks and what not and they had 2 atleast 6 foot almost black carpet pythons in a tank and im sitting there thinking "GOD DAMN! these gotta be the ugliest and meanest looking snakes ive EVER seen!" of coarse i wasnt gonna say it out loud because the owner was kool and i didnt wanna loose him some business but my mom came in and said exactly what i thought out loud to me!

i personally wont perchase a snake for that much if its gonna look mean and very intimidating. but idk..

im wanting to see your snakes tho

Old 09-10-2005, 05:53 AM   #8
Lucille
Those pet store pythons must be brothers to mine, lol....

Old 09-16-2005, 12:56 AM   #9
coyote
This is Nik.

And I think he is quite handsome. Morelia spilota mcdowelli Queensland Carpet
Attached Images

Old 09-16-2005, 12:59 AM   #10
coyote
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote
And I think he is quite handsome. Morelia spilota mcdowelli Queensland Carpet
He is a young adult. I think his scales look like velvet. He is admittedly not as dark as many. I don't like the really dark carpets either.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!