Sunglow - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-05-2010, 03:26 AM   #1
Pachikat
Sunglow

Thought I'd include a couple of pictures of my first albino-ish boa ever! I just got her recently. Picked her up from a girl down in Baton Rouge and she's been a total doll ever since. The previous owner had warned me that she is/was cage aggressive and suggested that I start feeding her outside of her cage. Since I've had her I haven't had a single problem and she hasn't struck out at me yet. It's only been three weeks or so and she's in quarantine so not too many hands on interactions going on between the two of us. Just the occasional inspection (I'm a total skitz when it comes to paranoia and all the possible baddies that can tag along uninvited, better safe than sorry in my book!)

From what the previous owner was able to tell me, she was produced by Brenda Bidinger in 2007? I've never heard of the name but I wasn't going to let that stop me either. The girl sold her to me as your typical kahl Sunglow (with the possibility of being het stripe, but she wasn't totally sure so she didn't factor that into the equation). I'm totally in love with this snake, which surprises a couple of people I know because if there's one thing I can say honestly is that I like albinism the least in most snakes (especially boas). I'm just not a fan of the color yellow! and I see no point in owning a something that I don't find aesthetically pleasing to the eyes, my eyes especially. The photos don't really do this girl any justice(I think this phrase pretty much applies to any reptilian photo, lol).

The first two are taken the day after I got her. We got home late, so I waited until the next day to actually get her measurements and what not. Didn't want to take them in the actual room where I keep the rest of my collection, so I did it outside once the sun went down and the temps cooled off a bit. The last picture is one of the ones the previous owner/seller provided me with upon inquiring about the snake before I bought her.

(Those specks are not mites, just bits of grass seed and dirt she's picked up while crusing through through the yard.)

Old 08-05-2010, 01:49 PM   #2
brd7666
Very nice Sunglow you have there. She looks great. Just so you know, Brenda has got some very nice animals.

Old 08-05-2010, 03:36 PM   #3
PyBoa1964
Awesome Boa! You got yourself a winner there

Old 08-06-2010, 03:12 AM   #4
joshc24
Great sunglow. I myself can tell you from experience that Brenda produces some very nice boas. I too have a sunglow and a Dh sunglow from her in my collection.

Old 08-09-2010, 01:05 AM   #5
joshc24
how is she doing. You have a real keeper there

Old 08-09-2010, 01:13 AM   #6
Pachikat
A day or so ago she gave me a scare. For a moment I thought she might be showing symptoms of an RI, but come to find out it was just some left-over waterbowl dribble. T_T I freaked out hardcore. She's doing good. I'd post more recent pictures but she's gone into shed. T__________________T

Old 08-12-2010, 05:01 PM   #7
AbsoluteApril
Great looking 'glow!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
kahl, sunglow