Rodent breeding forum??? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-24-2006, 07:01 PM   #1
floridaboy85
Rodent breeding forum???

I'm trying to get ready to set up a rat breeding project to supply myself with feeders as it is getting way too expensive to feed my ever growing collection. I've been reading as much as I can find on other sites but I can't find such a thing here on fauna(rodent breeding forum). Am I just missing it somewhere? Or if we don't have one is this something you think Rich would be OK setting up. I like this site better than ks and such and I think it would be a good asset here. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks
Andrew Elholm

Old 10-24-2006, 08:17 PM   #2
kellysballs
I dont know anything about getting a forum going, however I found this on Fauna today. I wrote down the link but not who posted it. www.arbreptiles.com/cages/rat_rack/ratrack.shtml This looks like a nice affordable way to house your breeding rats.

Old 10-24-2006, 08:25 PM   #3
Mike Greathouse
Andrew,
I don't don't about the feasibility of a rodent forum - you'll need to PM Rich (Webslave) for that, but there have been numerous discussions on this topic in various other forums here. If you'll do a search, I'm sure you'll find some good information.

I'm not positive, but I think there was one in the Python Forum not too long ago.

I used to raise my own a few years ago. I'll be happy to answer any specific questions that you may have and I'm sure that many others will join in.

Old 10-24-2006, 09:36 PM   #4
floridaboy85
Thanks for the replys Kelly and Mike!! And thanks for that link Kelly, I have a good idea about how I want my rack but that gives some good info on the watering system.
Yeah i guess I'll just have to do some searches, but I still think we should have a forum for it as it does directly relate to the whole reason this site is here. I figured i would see what everyone else thought about it before i went throught the trouble of contacting Rich(Isn't he on break from fauna do to hatching season?).Well thanks for the replys.

oh BTW Mike, any updates on the blacktails this season?? I'm still really interested.

Old 10-24-2006, 11:32 PM   #5
Clay Davenport
We don't have a forum on fauna specifically for rodent breeding, but we have the Feed and Caging forum where most of the rodent breeding topics usually are.
You will find them scattered around too like Mike said.
Here's the Feed and Caging forum link:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...play.php?f=107

Old 10-25-2006, 07:12 PM   #6
floridaboy85
Thanks Clay!! And I like your site. I haven't gone trough it all the way but it seems to be very informative.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!