karma points? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 10-29-2005, 01:43 PM   #1
spots-r-us
karma points?

Hi, I'm fairly new here and have been trying to figure out what "Karma Power" is. I've done searches and looked at the FAQ pages and I *think* I understand what it is, but I still haven't found any info on how to give the points to excellent posts/posters. Can someone please explain? Thanx.

Old 10-29-2005, 01:56 PM   #2
Matt Haines
To give either positive or negative Karma points to a certain post you will need to click the little "scale" icon in the bottom left hand side of a particular post. Then a window will pop up where you can choose either to deem the post good or bad and leave a comment as well. The scale icon looks like this:

Old 10-29-2005, 01:57 PM   #3
leaftail
The way you give karma points to posts/posters is to click on that icon down in the lower left corner of every post that looks like a wad of kleenex. It is between the circle icon and the red triangle icon. When you click on the wad of kleenex, a little window pops up where you can choose whether you think it was an expecially good post or an especially bad post (the bad option will give Negative karma points to the poster), then a place for you to give poster a comment about their post.

Old 10-29-2005, 02:42 PM   #4
spots-r-us
Thanks guys! And thanks Matt for pointing out that that indecipherable little icon is supposed to be a scale! I would never have guessed -- I wonder how many other people think it's a "wad of kleenex," too!

Old 10-30-2005, 02:58 PM   #5
Southwick Herps
I know the Karma Points can say whether the poster is generally good, or bad, but there was something else I have a question about...
There is a number, but also a varying amount of green or red blocks. Which do each symbolize? I personally have a lesser number than some people, but I also have multiple green blocks whereas some people only have 1???

Old 10-30-2005, 04:09 PM   #6
Matt Haines
I am not sure of whether the green blocks have anything to do with karma anymore. They were used when we had reputation points. The higher your actually reputation score was, the more green blocks you accumulated. I do not know if they still have any baring in the new karma system. You get 1 point(or did with rep points anyway) for every month you have been a member. So someone who has been here for 1 year may well have more karma points than you but a smaller karma score. I do not think that the seniority points add to your green blocks or score. Hopefully you can understand my ramblings.

Old 10-30-2005, 04:19 PM   #7
Matt Haines
I am also not sure if it still exists, but you gained 1 point per every 100 posts that you made.

Old 11-11-2005, 10:05 PM   #8
Matt Haines
On the note of karma points.....would anyone happen to know why my karma score does not show up? It shows my points for length of time as a member and number of posts, but it does not factor in my karma points. I am supposedly #2 on the list(how the hell did that happen? ) and yet I only have a karma score of 10. Do I need 100 posts after the institution of the karma system for my points to become relevant?

Old 11-12-2005, 07:12 AM   #9
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Haines
On the note of karma points.....would anyone happen to know why my karma score does not show up? It shows my points for length of time as a member and number of posts, but it does not factor in my karma points. I am supposedly #2 on the list(how the hell did that happen? ) and yet I only have a karma score of 10. Do I need 100 posts after the institution of the karma system for my points to become relevant?
Yeah but you have 5 green blocks. Aren't those multipliers? LOL

Old 11-12-2005, 09:15 AM   #10
Cat_72
I haven't been able to figure the whole thing out since it changed.....LOL. I still give em out, but I don't know exactly where they go anymore. I just know red is bad.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!