false water cobra bites - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-13-2006, 09:51 PM   #1
PJ FF
false water cobra bites

Hello, Ill be purchasing a false water cobra as soon as I get the temps and humidity right. All I need to know now is what does humidity need to be at and what kind of medical treatment is needed for a bite from them?

Old 02-13-2006, 10:41 PM   #2
Mooing Tricycle
do no. i repeat. do not. get this reptile until you are successful at keeping your Corn snake and your Ball Python. that is all i have to say. Good Day.

Old 02-13-2006, 10:54 PM   #3
PJ FF
Ok sir, thank you for caring but I DO have experience with rattle snakes. I help my dads friend at his work where he trains dogs to stay away from rattle snakes. But what are you say until im succsesful with my corn and ball? i dont understand that part? but can I please just get an answer with the main point of this by some one?

Old 02-13-2006, 10:57 PM   #4
Junkyard
Alicia is not much of the "sir" kind of gender.

Old 02-13-2006, 11:00 PM   #5
PJ FF
ok, im sorry, mam.

Old 02-13-2006, 11:00 PM   #6
Mooing Tricycle
youre also 14 and living with your parents. Teaching dogs to stay away from rattlers is NOT experience with rattlers on a daily basis. ( IE KEEPING THEM)

Also, im in no way a "Sir" if you look at the user profiles next to my post youd see im a female and also 20 . I do not recommend you keep a "hot" snake of any form until you are successful at keeping multiple animals at a time, and have real experience with these "hot" reptiles with somone qualified. these animals are in no way for beginners no matter what you read online. if you want a tough to handle snake why not get a Green Tree Python. or something your parents would approve of?

Old 02-13-2006, 11:02 PM   #7
Ginger Ambrose
Please do alot more real research on this animal before you aquire one. It appears that you are not even aware of the basic needs of this species. Also, check the local regulations on keeping hots in your area. Especially by an underage person.
Assisting in the training of dogs to "avoid" snakes is a world away of actually handleing
a hot snake. You will require special caging, and handleing equipment.
By all means research, very very carefully before getting this animal.

Old 02-13-2006, 11:06 PM   #8
PJ FF
Ok, well im gonna take all this info in concederation and also take it as in your looking out for my saftey. Now weather you are or not, thats your choice but im sorry for calling you sir Alicia. So is it atleast possible to get those questions answerd?

Old 02-14-2006, 02:58 PM   #9
Junkyard
Humidity-some keep them in the 80% range, though I think that is a bit excessive, I would say a FWC needs at least 60%.

Medical treatment-Okay, the FWC venom is as toxic as the Timber Rattlesnake, keep this in mind. A FWC usually bites with their front teeth, unless they fear for their lives or are going for food. They will open their mouth wider and bite down with their rear fangs and chew. At this point you WILL need medical attention. I have read some have lost permanent feeling in their fingers and even some have lost the ability to use their arm from a FWC bite.

FWC are extremely aggressive when food is around, they are very flighty when they are hatched and their only means of defense is bitting. What may seem like a placid and nice snake at first can quickly turn on you and bite like crazy. I have seen this first hand. Remember THEY ARE VENOMOUS!

You may have experience with a ball pythonand a corn snake, until you have really experienced an aggressive snake and kept it for a long period of time, then study the problems with keeping "hots". In fact, start out with a wc blood python, Burmese python, Suriname boa, reticulated python, or green tree python. Experience one of them being aggressive, then add the dangers of losing the use of your hand from a venomous bite. Safety first my friend. Please be careful.

Old 02-14-2006, 04:42 PM   #10
PJ FF
thank you SOOOO much for answering. But arent burms EXTREMLY docile. thats what every one says on ball-pythons.net???

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!