The difference between the beauties - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-13-2006, 02:00 AM   #1
Elaini
Question The difference between the beauties

i've decided i want a 3rd snake and my research has lead me to the wonderful world of beauties, but i got a litle bit confused looking around on this site and other places. What is the difference in the Blue beauty (besides color), Chinese beauties, and the Taiwan beauties? my questions include temperments, size (which gets bigger male or female and how big), length, weight, activity, temps, and anything else you can think of. i saw pics and to me the taiwan's and the chinese look the same, but maybe i wasnt paying close attention to them. any information would be appreciated! thanks!!

oh and these are pictures of my current babies lol. I'm very proud of them, 1st is stitches a snow corn and the 2nd is Cj a leucistic texas rat. (these are old pics
Attached Images

Old 06-13-2006, 02:04 AM   #2
Elaini
switch that, the 1st pic is cj and the 2nd is stitches

Old 12-18-2006, 07:10 AM   #3
SUPERLATIVE
i've only just started looking after snakes and i have a twain beauty. what i've found out about these snakes, is that they prefer the day light opposed to alot of nocturnal snakes. both male and female grow to around 10ft. they are visious natured so alot of handling from young is needed to tame them. i've had mine (terra is her name) now for 4-5 weeks and she was 3months old when i bought her. She was very nervous and bit me several times, although she never drew blood. now she is fine and that is handling every day. She strugles a bit when i remove from the cage but she soon settles. Twains also like quite a hummid take. range from 20-23 degrees. and a area for water to take a dip.
thats all i can give info wise. as i'm new to it all. Have a look at the blue gorgon website. very helpful. hope this helps.

Old 12-19-2006, 05:29 AM   #4
Blue Gorgon
I'm not real familiar with Chinese beauties, but my guess is they're a locality of elaphe taenura rather than a group in their own right... Blues and Taiwanese are extremely similar both in care and size, beautiful snakes and absolute sweethearts so long as they get a lot of care and attention when they're young. My female blue is a doll, love her to death, and I'm working with my male to calm him down. I think the vicious reputation is ill earned, and they're just nervous babies who will grow up into nervous adults without regular handling and TLC. And like was mentioned above, they're up and about during the day, and a humid hide/soaking area is much appreciated by these snakes!

Blues are my all time favorite, which is why I've set up www.bluegorgon.com and plan on focusing my breeding efforts on this gorgeous species. There's a caresheet on the site. Ma-tsu is my angel girl, so much personality and very active curious snakes! Here's some good adult size references for you. They're a handful, but well worth it! My brother here is over 6ft tall and I'm about 5'7 to give you an idea. Pics really don't do them justice though, the flash washes out the blue.

I don't recommend trying this with any snake, but I know and trust Ma-tsu really well, and I think this pic demonstrates how docile they can be. Our 8ft+ diva.

Hope that helps, and good luck! Also, beautiful babies you have there! I love blue eyed leucys!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!