Bad Guy Drew Lambeth- Curio Creatures - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-26-2010, 09:18 AM   #21
drewby07
Yes, I am friends with people who say bad words. Guilty as charged.

Old 04-26-2010, 09:20 AM   #22
darienstarr
Any woman who disagrees with Drew should be called a 'name'? Seriously WHERE do you come up with this stuff? You are making this strange fantasy hatred scenario in your head. Drew can not censor anyone else's language on the internet, and he didn't KNOW YOU well enough to jump to your 'internet defense'. You were acting very bizarrely, maybe his friend overreacted using such a 'naughty' word, but you really were taking things out of context. If you can not take a bad word, the internet is no place for you. Make sure you set your AOL Language Filter on High, because those words exist. They should hold no power over you, don't let them. They are just words.

Old 04-26-2010, 09:23 AM   #23
drewby07
She's referring to the name Josh called her on Facebook.

On another note, this thread is not about Bethany....so I won't be responding to her foolishness anymore.

Old 04-26-2010, 09:25 AM   #24
starsevol
If he had had the character to say something like "hey guys, lighten up. Sorry about that" it would have made ALLLLLLLLLLLLL the difference in the world. But such a thing seems to be beyond his capabilities.

Old 04-26-2010, 09:27 AM   #25
starsevol
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewby07 View Post
She's referring to the name Josh called her on Facebook.

On another note, this thread is not about Bethany....so I won't be responding to her foolishness anymore.
That's ok Drew. I feel better now that it is out in the open. People can read it and decide for themselves.

Old 04-26-2010, 11:00 AM   #26
Hypancistrus
Quote:
Help me understand this. I'm a bad guy, because I bought a snake that you mis-sexed, and now don't need it.
Drew, all that we are asking is that you not use our photos. It's a VERY simple request. Please don't do it, and neither myself nor Tara will ever contact you again.

Thank you for taking down the ad.

Old 04-26-2010, 11:27 AM   #27
drewby07
Lauren, happy to oblige. The two photos I downloaded from cornsnakes.com have been deleted from my computer.

In re-reading the original post....I'd like to point out a few things.

First, the pic of the snake with the white cloth background...that's a pic I took the morning they arrived. The filename is even 0113001218.jpg, which is the date stamp from my phone, which I used to take the pic.

Secondly, I am just as unhappy with the way things worked out as you are. I also think you WAAAY overreacted in posting this thread. I posted the ad on craigslist from my work computer and was away from the office all weekend. I arrive at work Monday morning and get an email from Tara with the subjest "Take the pictures down NOW!", another email from someone else in OH...whom I believe also posted here....a PM on CS.com about how I "forced your hand"...and this thread. Geez. You have my phone number, you could have called or texted me and I would have immediately deleted the ad. You posted the pics on a public forum, I downloaded them when we were discussing me buying the snakes. I didn't even think about it when I posted the CL ad Friday....which in hindsight was a mistake. I just used the only three pics I have of the snake.

I'm sorry that this deal didn't work out. I'm sorry that we have different viewpoints about our hobbies. I'm sorry that the snake was a male and not a female. I'm sorry I used your pics without permission. I'm also sorry that your original post paints me as a terrible villain. While I'm a bit air headed at times, I do try to be honest and trustworthy. I really don't like that all this happened, and I don't like people thinking ill of me.

Old 04-26-2010, 12:17 PM   #28
Hypancistrus
Quote:
I'm sorry that this deal didn't work out. I'm sorry that we have different viewpoints about our hobbies. I'm sorry that the snake was a male and not a female. I'm sorry I used your pics without permission. I'm also sorry that your original post paints me as a terrible villain. While I'm a bit air headed at times, I do try to be honest and trustworthy. I really don't like that all this happened, and I don't like people thinking ill of me.
Drew, we are sorry it worked out this way too, and also sorry "she" turned out to be a "he," however, we did state in the original ad and in subsequent talk that the gender on her was unproven, and you did get the adult snake for $25. I hope you can find a place for him where he will be useful to someone, if not in a breeding plan then as an interesting pet.

If you had not used the same photos a second time, I would never have posted this and bygones would have been bygones. I don't mind people using our photos if they credit us, but come on, man, I teach my 14 year old high school kids that taking a photo, even off the internet, and reusing it for your own means is plagiarism. If 14 year olds know that, you should too.

Thank you for removing our photos.

Old 04-26-2010, 12:24 PM   #29
drewby07
I understand the plagarism thing, seriously I do. I can understand if I was posting the pics somewhere like "Hey guys look at these awesome pics I took!", but on a for-sale ad, I didn't really think about it. Sorry. I really didn't see it as "taking credit" for them, but I certainly won't make that mistake again.

Old 04-26-2010, 01:09 PM   #30
Willow
Mike Welsh....as a heads up for your future in posting on this website....even when your simply quoting something that some else said...please watch you language...your very first post here had some very unacceptable words for the BOI

as for this situation....it seems to be as solved as its going to be...so let it rest

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!