Bad Guy Keven Vogenberger Misrepresenting Imports. - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-12-2018, 01:44 PM   #11
MikeCurtin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Frog View Post
Read keven2's ad.
title says captive born and the body of ad says captive bred.
they sure as hell are not captive bred.
Here is another ad for tegus with the same language, using the 2 terms interchangeably, but with photos of eggs and what is apparently a newly hatched baby.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=664691

Did you contact Keven to clarify the language, or did you come straight here to post another bad guy thread?

Not saying I would personally feel comfortable buying from Keven, but I fail to see how this thread is helpful.

Old 08-12-2018, 02:54 PM   #12
Utta
The irony of Ed Clark starting a bad guy thread.

Old 08-12-2018, 04:13 PM   #13
snakesareawesome
I don't know Keven at all but he's not got a bad name so I like to give people the benefit of the doubt lol Let's say he does go down to strictly and picks out the best CH of the lot and ups the price a little. To some there might be value in that. Sure they could order directly but perhaps they like the idea of having someone local looking over the stock, sending individual pics, etc. Anything born in indo, I personally would list as ch not cb no matter what I was told, but that's just me.

Old 08-12-2018, 09:43 PM   #14
MikeCurtin
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakesareawesome View Post
I don't know Keven at all but he's not got a bad name so I like to give people the benefit of the doubt lol Let's say he does go down to strictly and picks out the best CH of the lot and ups the price a little. To some there might be value in that. Sure they could order directly but perhaps they like the idea of having someone local looking over the stock, sending individual pics, etc. Anything born in indo, I personally would list as ch not cb no matter what I was told, but that's just me.
Keven has had some less than stellar transactions, to be honest. He may have even had one with regards to captive hatched vs. captive bred origin (I do not specifically recall). Captive bred/born/hatched have been erroneously used interchangeably for years, and many times unintentionally.

The whole point here is that Ed is assuming they are indo imports, and I'm not sure I would label this particular ad as dishonest until I, as a buyer, asked further questions about the origins of the animals. I know I would not intentionally seek out to smear someone with whom I had no intention of doing business based on some ambiguous wording.

Old 08-12-2018, 09:46 PM   #15
MikeCurtin
I guess, in short, is Keven still a bad guy if I call him up and ask him for breeder info, and he discloses that they were hatched in captivity from WC adults?

Old 08-12-2018, 11:10 PM   #16
Liveforthis
I don't know Keven or Fat frogs but sure seems like Fat frogs loves to attack Keven, right or wrong. Any add I have ever seen from Keven Fat frogs has to blast him, seems kinda obsessed.

Old 08-13-2018, 12:08 PM   #17
Crayfish1585
I agree with Liveforthis, seems kind of childish in my opinion.

Old 08-13-2018, 12:55 PM   #18
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCurtin View Post
I guess, in short, is Keven still a bad guy if I call him up and ask him for breeder info, and he discloses that they were hatched in captivity from WC adults?
I'm not so sure he'd be a bad guy, but pretty close. Dishonesty is bad business.

Old 08-13-2018, 01:45 PM   #19
ChanceJackson
the babies are dropped from pregnant wc imports, so technically are born in captivity

Old 08-13-2018, 05:45 PM   #20
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChanceJackson View Post
the babies are dropped from pregnant wc imports, so technically are born in captivity
That would still fall under captive hatch, even though this species give live birth.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!