Info Chris and Melissa Faulkner - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-16-2018, 09:13 AM   #21
Freemason81
Chris and Melissa Faulkner

Here is some more . I have about 4 days worth of stuff then it judged stoped . When I tried calling the number it would just ring and ring no voicemail
Attached Images

Old 04-16-2018, 12:58 PM   #22
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Walker View Post
Lastly, did you get the impression, despite his "deep southern accent" that he was a fluent English speaker rather than a foreign scammer with broken English?
Thanks for posting the text messages Brandon. Can you please give me your thoughts on the above question. Thanks

Old 04-16-2018, 01:29 PM   #23
Freemason81
He spoke clear English nothing that would suspect me of a foreigner. I ask him why he was getting rid of the animal . He said he needed to make room because he breeds croc monitors.

Old 04-16-2018, 02:46 PM   #24
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freemason81 View Post
He spoke clear English nothing that would suspect me of a foreigner. I ask him why he was getting rid of the animal . He said he needed to make room because he breeds croc monitors.
Thank you.
Even though you sent the money "family & friends" with Paypal, have you inquired with them about a refund?

Old 04-16-2018, 02:56 PM   #25
Freemason81
Yes , I called multiple times explaining that I really didn’t know the difference. I assumed friends and family didn’t have the fees that’s it . PayPal said because it was friend and family it didn’t qualify for protection

Old 04-16-2018, 07:59 PM   #26
Black Adder
So many red flags...
Sorry for your loss, the world appears to be getting more cruel and depraved by the minute.
If these scammers put as much effort into real breeding and sales as they did scamming I am sure they would still do very well and be a respected helpful part of our community.

Old 04-17-2018, 08:57 AM   #27
mega1126
I believe I've been screwed by them as well

Old 04-17-2018, 09:08 AM   #28
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by mega1126 View Post
I believe I've been screwed by them as well
Sorry to hear. Please post as much information as you can, the more the better. Contact info, details, screen shots, etc. Even if you think it means nothing, it very well could be something important.

How did they contact you?
WHY did they contact you?
Where did you send money to?
Did they contact you directly on Fauna?
Etc.

Old 04-17-2018, 09:33 AM   #29
mega1126
I believe I was just scammed by him as well. How do we keep these people off this site? For me, I dealt with the name Jeremy Thompson, but Melissa Faulkner was who the payment went to.

Old 04-17-2018, 09:57 AM   #30
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by mega1126 View Post
How do we keep these people off this site?
As a site we can enforce the site rules.
As a member of the site, individuals can take precautions to protect themselves as they do online purchases. This is true for any online purchases, not just here on Fauna.

I see that 'you' posted your phone number in an ad.
This particular scammer sits and waits for members new and old to post their personal information. They in turn contact you directly based on your 'exposed' phone number or email address. In many cases the scammers are not even members of Fauna, they are simply viewing the site as a 'guest'.

Fauna offers you the ability to use it's internal: Private Message system.
Fauna offers you the ability to use the Board of Inquiry to research sellers 'before' you send them your money.
Fauna can not, nor does it attempt to replace good ol' fashioned common sense and self preservation.

Board of Inquiry 'first', buy or sell 'second'.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!