Rattlesnake Roundups - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-05-2006, 02:35 AM   #1
sppeavy
Rattlesnake Roundups

Hey everyone! I would like to hear some opinions on the roundups. I do not agree with them, but I also have never been to one. There is one in Sweetwater, TX next weekend and I am thinking of checking it out.

Old 03-05-2006, 06:59 AM   #2
Lucille
My own opnion is that it is fine for me to call whoever I need to call to 'round up' rattlers in my back yard (I have never seen one in my back yard, btw, but if I should I would want it to go elsewhere); and theoretically to remove rattler populations from private properties and from public areas like schools and parks where small children play.
I have seen where some farmers have suffered harm from bites and it should be their prerogative to keep their own areas safe for themselves and their families and livestock. But I see no sense in going out and butchering the wild populations of these snakes.

Here are some past opinions:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...snake+roundups

Old 03-06-2006, 04:24 AM   #3
Vinny D
i agree, round-up's are making less and less of the native crotalid's species dissapear. thus i would like to have them banned. i did enter in a atrox sacking contest which i also think should be banned. not only for the safty of the ppl doing it but the over all stress on the animals. thanks

Old 02-25-2007, 10:46 AM   #4
kaylajones
rattlesnake roundups

hey im new.... i went to the opp alabama roundup.back in 2006 man let me tell you it was bad.when i say bad it was bad...they had about 20 eastern diamondback rattlers.in this hold pin..on the blacktop ..in summertime.it was hot..about 98 out.the snakes did not have water,no shade,and they poored ice on them....one big female was full of babys about five foot long...i tryed and tryed to buy her i told the man over it i would pay 400 dollars for her he said noooo.going to meat company...man thats bad..thanks ransnakeman..

Old 03-09-2007, 09:21 PM   #5
jsrocket
Shaun, I realize this is a year old, but did you go? If so, what did you think?

I have my own opinion on these roundups, but since I have never been to one, I'll hold my tounge for now.

Old 03-11-2007, 01:37 PM   #6
kaylajones
hey every one,my name is randy,/aka ransnakeman...i have been to a roundup.in opp,alabama...im posting pictures,you can see for your self.

Old 03-11-2007, 01:39 PM   #7
kaylajones

Old 03-11-2007, 01:42 PM   #8
kaylajones

Old 03-11-2007, 01:44 PM   #9
kaylajones

Old 03-11-2007, 01:45 PM   #10
kaylajones

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!