Bad Guy Bobby Hill - Varnyard Herps: Buyers Beware. - Page 44 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-04-2013, 12:08 AM   #431
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tere Salazar View Post
From what he always told me, that's why he stopped being active here.
Unfortunately, I have to step in here and say that was actually one of the first untruths that I caught with Bobby.

Bobby really stopped posting after this thread he started and the flack he received.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=132491

He didn't post again for almost a year. During that time he talked about why he wasn't participating here any longer. It had nothing to do with Rich because it hadn't happened yet. The cornsnakes.com post came out almost eight months after Bobby stopped using this forum. He was actively posting somewhere else at that time and had already stated he wasn't using this forum any longer.

It was convenient to use that as a reason but it wasn't true.

To everyone, I think Harald summed it up.

The bottom-line, Regardless if you liked or thought Bobby was a a great guy the last two seasons of problems with his customers and with where we find the order of things today, doing business with Bobby wouldn't be a wise move. Not that I think he will continue doing any business in this hobby at this point.

Personally, I agree with Tere and Wes on their characterization of Bobby because I only noticed the same. Some peoples experience may be different and others may simply have a beef with his positions and posts on forums. I think we all understand that.

When the customer complaints started coming his last two seasons, I started seeing a different side. Particularly the way he was responding to his customers. He wasn't behaving in the same manner that I knew.
It's a shame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexPredatorBoids
You certainly didn't appear to have any problem with how bobby dealt with the guy in Ireland. Did you not see that as him having ripped the guy off? You were, after all, an apparently willing mouthpiece.
Dan, that thread you speak of was the first I believe that hit this site that was a negative customer experience for Bobby. Bobby wasn't posting and as a friend Teri responded. I don't think she did anything wrong. Matter of fact, her poss were early on in the thread and the conclusions reach by many hadn't happened yet.

The only person that did any wrong was Bobby. He let a friend come on and defend him and then betrayed that trust. His action in that thread and the countless others that have come forward after that on multiple sites is what's deplorable.

Anyways, that really is unfair. She didn't know where this was heading.
Bobby hadn't had a published bad track record yet.

Old 05-04-2013, 12:21 AM   #432
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
her poss were early on in the thread and the conclusions reach by many hadn't happened yet.
*Her posts
*reached

Old 05-04-2013, 08:10 AM   #433
cguarino30
I think we are broken up here into two clear camps, neither of which have anything to do with Bobby Hill.

The first camp seems to believe that it is possible for a "good guy" to become a "bad guy" through outside forces beyond their control.

The second camp seems to believe that a "bad guy" is simply bad, and that while outside forces can sometimes bring this out of them, if they are capable of bad things, then they always must have been.

Honestly, I think the debate on this concept is much older than this thread (or forum, or internet, or country for that matter) and I doubt we'll manage to get to the bottom of it here. Bottom line, absolutely nobody seems to be claiming that Bobby Hill is, at this moment, a "good guy" which is kind of the point of the thread.

Since we are talking about a major moral and philosophical debate, I think it's highly unlikely that anyone here is going to be able to convince anyone else to believe their own personal theories on human morality, so I suggest we stick to the facts.

1) At one point, Bobby Hill produced a large number of popular animals.
2) At this point, Bobby Hill is awol and owes a large amount of money to a large number of people that for all appearances looks to be purposefully and systematically obtained with no intention of fulfilling his obligations.
3) At last check, Bobby Hill was still willing to accept purchases with no evidence of fulfillment.

These three un-challenged facts are more than enough to serve the purposes of this BOI, which is to warn people to steer clear of a potential scam. (I have intentionally left out the part about abandonment as it has not yet been proven to my satisfaction that this was Bobby Hill)

Trying to defend "Bobby that was" is clearly an exercise in sentimentality, which has no place or benefit in the light of current facts, and attacking "Bobby that was" is more an exercise in hindsight than anything else, and also provides no current service to the forum.

Maybe in a few years we will all find out that Bobby suffered a psychotic break and none of this was his fault. Or maybe he was abducted by aliens and his clone was doing all this, or maybe he's just a jerk and always has been. Bottom line, does it really matter? He's clearly not someone who can be trusted to do business with at this point. End of story.

Old 05-09-2013, 09:52 AM   #434
Focal
Quote:
Originally Posted by cguarino30 View Post
Maybe in a few years we will all find out that Bobby suffered a psychotic break and none of this was his fault. Or maybe he was abducted by aliens and his clone was doing all this, or maybe he's just a jerk and always has been. Bottom line, does it really matter? He's clearly not someone who can be trusted to do business with at this point. End of story.
Sorry Chris, but unless they have email access on space ships, I don't think he was abducted ... in a coma ... in the hospital ... etc.

For anyone still interested in trying to get a hold of bobby, try the varnyard@yahoo.com email. He responded to my inquiry for a tegu last weekend.

Old 05-09-2013, 10:22 AM   #435
cguarino30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focal View Post
Sorry Chris, but unless they have email access on space ships, I don't think he was abducted
I think you missed my point pretty substantially. I wasn't actually suggesting alien abduction as a possible cause, nor was I trying to suggest that Mr. Hill was not responsible. I was trying to point out the uselessness of speculation with regard to practical application of the facts.

Also, I see no reason why alien spaceships that were capable of interstellar travel would have any trouble getting wifi.

Old 05-09-2013, 10:41 AM   #436
Focal
Quote:
Originally Posted by cguarino30 View Post
I think you missed my point pretty substantially.
Chris, your point is nothing more than a reiteration of what everyone else has already said. It's kind of hard not to get it at this point. My point is, his lack of response isn't something that is out of his control. I just ran with the little bit of humor I have ever seen from you.

Old 05-10-2013, 01:02 AM   #437
WebSlave
I think what threads of this nature really boil down to, and pretty much the crux of the matter when discussing cases such as this, is quite simply, with all that is presented here, would YOU send YOUR money to Bobby Hill for anything he is promising for sale?

That, I believe, is the most relevant opinion that you need to come away from this thread with.

Old 05-10-2013, 01:08 AM   #438
Shadera
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focal View Post
For anyone still interested in trying to get a hold of bobby, try the varnyard@yahoo.com email. He responded to my inquiry for a tegu last weekend.
That's incredibly sad.

Is anyone pursuing filing charges yet? Surely the amount of money he's stolen warrants some police love.

Old 05-10-2013, 02:42 AM   #439
LauraB
From the weekend of 5-9-13:
Quote:
try the varnyard@yahoo.com email. He responded to my inquiry for a tegu last weekend
What was his response, Nick? Not looking to defend the guy ... far from it. I'm convinced he abandoned those poor animals after stealing thousands of dollars from unsuspecting customers.

I'm just curious as to his response.

Old 05-10-2013, 08:22 AM   #440
Focal
Date: May 4, 2013, 12:31:27 PM EDT
To:
Subject: Re: B&W Tegu
Reply-To: "Bobby Hill, Tegu Breeder" <varnyard@yahoo.com>

What type are you wanting?

Thanks, Bobby Hill, Owner,
www.Varnyard-Herps-Inc.com
www.TegusForSale.com

To: "varnyard@yahoo.com" <varnyard@yahoo.com>
Sent: Friday, May 3, 2013 7:32 PM
Subject: B&W Tegu

Hello!

I was on your website and interested in learning about your 2013 stock and what you have or will have available. Thanks!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
bobby hill, tegusforsale.com, varnyard