Bad Guy Bobby Hill - Varnyard Herps: Buyers Beware. - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-06-2012, 07:07 PM   #51
Suncoast Herpetological
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilomn View Post

I will tell you this though, there are some who will take umbrage at such fragments and do even less for those who so blithely cast them than they might for those who refrain from half-hearted attempts and vague alliances which one would guess are meant to make the blessie feel sympathy for the one who utilizes such words so carelessly, or worse yet, in an effort to move an otherwise uncooperative subject.

It is my firm belief that Bobby is such a person.
In other words, an insincere thief who will use the turn of phrase of a customer that means absolutely nothing to delay doing the honest and ethical thing?

Glad you clarified that Wess. You continue to surprise and enlighten.

Old 08-06-2012, 07:16 PM   #52
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncoast Herpetological View Post
In other words, an insincere thief who will use the turn of phrase of a customer that means absolutely nothing to delay doing the honest and ethical thing?

Glad you clarified that Wess. You continue to surprise and enlighten.
Sadly mr. schmitt, it does look that way. I don't know that I'd use the word thief, though at the moment I, a man with a fair vocabulary, am at a loss for a better one. To say I am sadly disappointed by Bobby's behavior is an understatement.

He did say, to her, that he was in financial difficulties and there would be a refund coming this week. If he does follow through, what word would you then recommend? Untrustworthy comes to mind, especially with that guy in Ireland, but you see, and this is the hard part, Bobby really isn't a thief. Or he wasn't. Steadfast is a word I would have used to describe Bobby prior to this, trustworthy too, but neither of those fit anymore. Stubborn still does, in fact it could well be Bobby's middle name, which is the only reason I haven't hounded him here for not doing what he must know is right. It would simply have irritated him, perhaps to the point that his irritation with me would have prevented him doing what he knows he should, and hopefully is in the process of, doing.

It's really rather sad.

Old 08-07-2012, 12:04 AM   #53
LauraB
Quote:
I, a man with a fair vocabulary, am at a loss for a better one.
I attempted to make the "thief" label more palatable to you in my previous post;
"It certainly isn't Bobby's "point of view" that should condone or excuse what boils down to the ugliness of theft ... or at the very least, to make it more palatable, promises not kept, contracts secured by money not fulfilled.

Given the current conundrum of a more accurate label, (aside from "stubborn, untrustworthy" and what... irritated?), would swindler, deceiver, scammer, charlatan or defrauder work for now? He owes animals or refunds or explanations to more than just one or two people, you know.

We all (well maybe not you, of course) have money problems! I don't think it's a terrible stretch to speculate he probably does too, nor does that in and of itself make him a bad guy. However, I didn't take cash for product I couldn't deliver in 2011 and then repeat taking cash for "hopeful" product in 2012 when I hadn't even fulfilled 2011 obligations!

As far as your not hounding him for not doing what is right; you have made your plea more than once here. I betcha he's seen it. Somehow I doubt any irritation he may have with you (or influence you wish to impose) has had or will have much bearing on him "doing the right thing". After all, there are customers from 2011 that are still waiting. So much for irritation or influence.

When he makes good with either animals or fair refunds, then we can look for a better "label". I'm hopeful we can ... when his customers have been compensated fairly.

Old 08-07-2012, 09:37 AM   #54
Focal
Quote:
Sadly mr. schmitt, it does look that way. I don't know that I'd use the word thief, though at the moment I, a man with a fair vocabulary, am at a loss for a better one. To say I am sadly disappointed by Bobby's behavior is an understatement.
Take a review of this thread Wes. Take a look at your past history and how even the slightest disagreement with somebody deems them so low on your respect scale that you cannot even capitalize their name. Now take a review of this thread and see where you have done the same ... but not to bobby. A man of a fair vocabulary does not make this mistake on accident.

The same thing that's happening to bobby, is happening to you now. It's obvious to everyone who the thief is and I'm not sure if it's hubris or deep fascination with bobby, but you are starting to look like one of the Bad Guys. Christ, he won't even pay you the respect of a reply.

Quote:
He did say, to her, that he was in financial difficulties
No that is not true. He has shifted the "difficulty" on to her. It appears he has her money and she doesn't have her money. Who here has the financial difficulty? It looks like the person who can't get their money back, right? Spending money that has not been earned ... before an animal was produced to the customer ... before the customer was even happy? Open your eyes Wes (still capitalized ), you are harboring a criminal!

Quote:
If he does follow through, what word would you then recommend?
Thief. Some random member from Fauna had to pay his debt in another thread because he wouldn't. That alone has to be the most embarrassing thing I have ever seen happen to a seller on here. Until he makes that right, he is nothing other than another blight to this community.

Old 08-07-2012, 10:40 AM   #55
hhmoore
Nick, I think you've been sniffing a little too much glue.

Wes giving somebody he considered a good guy, and perhaps a friend, a chance to step up to the plate doesn't make him a bad guy. He's been pretty clear in his statements that, while this seems to be a change in Bobby, Bobby is wrong in this situation. I can understand his hesitation to change his own mental label, even viewing the thread(s)...and I agree that him going full tilt after Bobby in this thread would serve no useful purpose, except to amuse those readers that want to see such a thing.
And how is he harboring a criminal? Is Bobby hiding out in his basement or something?

Old 08-07-2012, 11:43 AM   #56
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Nick, I think you've been sniffing a little too much glue.
too funny!!

Quote:
Wes giving somebody he considered a good guy, and perhaps a friend, a chance to step up to the plate doesn't make him a bad guy. He's been pretty clear in his statements that, while this seems to be a change in Bobby, Bobby is wrong in this situation. I can understand his hesitation to change his own mental label, even viewing the thread(s)...and I agree that him going full tilt after Bobby in this thread would serve no useful purpose, except to amuse those readers that want to see such a thing.
And how is he harboring a criminal? Is Bobby hiding out in his basement or something?

why add kindling to a smoldering fire? It would only make Bobby more stubborn than he already is.

IMO, Bobby has decided he is in the right & is due monies he didn't earn.

Old 08-07-2012, 12:14 PM   #57
Focal
Quote:
Wes giving somebody he considered a good guy, and perhaps a friend, a chance to step up to the plate doesn't make him a bad guy.
A chance? That's laughable. Bobby doesn't even care to return or explain himself. Insult me all you want but you are blind if you don't see the attacks on anyone that has had a problem with bobby.

Old 08-07-2012, 12:20 PM   #58
Focal
Quote:
and I agree that him going full tilt after Bobby in this thread would serve no useful purpose, except to amuse those readers that want to see such a thing.
Full tilt? Do you mean verbally abusive? I'm not asking for that, I'm calling him a hypocrite.

As for the basement comment, that's funny but it's clear he's doing damage control for bobby and trying to discredit an unhappy customer.

Old 08-07-2012, 12:58 PM   #59
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focal View Post
As for the basement comment, that's funny but it's clear he's doing damage control for bobby and trying to discredit an unhappy customer.
I have to respectively disagree with you Nick. Wes is trying to say that he disagrees with the route Bobby has taken, without out-right calling his friend a liar and a thief. It is hard for someone to reconcile with the fact that a person they know well, has not done the right thing, not once but three times (that we are aware of).

Wes has tried to make his feelings known, yet because of the way he comes across to some, he is now being raked through the coals. It is wrong to judge someone based on their friendships with others unless there is proof of wrong doing on their part. From Wes's posts here, he agrees that Bobby is in the wrong. IMO it is time to put personal dislikes aside and judge on the words he has written now & not ones he has written in the past.

Old 08-07-2012, 03:32 PM   #60
rosebud945
Quote:
I don't see Wes trying to mitigate the wrongs that Bobby has committed in his posts here that are provable. In these posts, I see someone who is condemning of Bobby's actions that are clear based on evidence, but who is also trying to remain objective. There is a tendency in some BOI threads to make a general judgment about someone's behavior, and then accept that any charges or criticisms after that point are valid, when in fact we sometimes don't scrutinize those newer charges as we did charges made prior to making up our minds that the subject of the threat is indeed guilty as charged. His motive for remaining objective might be due in some part to a reluctance to let go of the ideal Bobby that he viewed as a good guy and a friend. Who among us hasn't done that, but I find the objectivity refreshing. Objectivity is not synonymous with allegiance, and it is harder to maintain when you are disillusioned with a friend.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
bobby hill, tegusforsale.com, varnyard