Inquiry I'm thinking of buying from "bigdaddywholesale"---Is he good or not - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-10-2009, 04:16 PM   #31
shrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille View Post
Sammy, why did you write that post to Allen?
Again I have to ask, what does any of your blathering have to do with what I said in this thread?

Old 05-10-2009, 04:18 PM   #32
BryonsBoas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Hulse View Post
I agree!

If I remember correctly Allen initially took a "PR hit" a few yrs. ago from a former employee who took pictures of dirty cages and posted them.
I find it sad that someone of your intelligence can post something this ignorant in public. I'm not sad because its about me, I could really care less. Its sad because of the mentality behind it.

While I don't feel a need to be validated in the things I do other than being able to live with myself and facing the consequences for doing them, it takes a small minded person to put that ignorance into two simple words to degrade that person. So what, I was a former employee. I was a former employee with much more knowledge about the animals than my employer. Am I supposed to be less of a person or less intelligent because someone cut me a paycheck for my work and experience?

I also find it sad that you based your opinion by speaking to one person concerning that thread and not both. I would have thought better of you. Then again, I've had to change the way I think about some people in the last year or so, its not surprising that one more has been added to the list. A person that i may not have always agreed with but generally posts something with substance using a level head.

I guess you miss the posts some months after by " NON FORMER EMPLOYEES " that described the animals on his table and must have overlooked the posts in which Allen contradicted himself.

Just sad really.

Admittedly I haven't posted about Allen for some time. I haven't because I haven't been in facility, to his tables at a show and have talked to him once since the start of thread and that was for 5 minutes at a hospital. I don't look at his ads either so I really couldn't tell you if anything has changed or not.

Thanks to those that supported me then and still do now. I guess they know better since they obviously read what was posted and formed an opinion based on conversations with me & Allen or by what was posted without reading with a blind eye.

Old 05-10-2009, 04:39 PM   #33
Casey Hulse
Quote:
I find it sad that someone of your intelligence can post something this ignorant in public.
My post was not meant as a personal attack on you.
In general, former employees sometimes do have an "axe to grind".

Quote:
I guess you miss the posts some months after by " NON FORMER EMPLOYEES " that described the animals on his table and must have overlooked the posts in which Allen contradicted himself.

Just sad really.
I admit I do not keep up with fauna as much as I used to, so I probably did miss a post or 2.

Quote:
I also find it sad that you based your opinion by speaking to one person concerning that thread and not both.
You are reading things into my post that were not there. Allen called me (out of the blue, never spoken to him before or had any contact with him in my life) regarding a post I made concerning Clarks Geckos and Joe Capone.

Quote:
RUN!!!!! He has IBD in his collection....
I think this is "over the top".

Quote:
using a level head
My motto...

Old 05-10-2009, 06:21 PM   #34
BryonsBoas
It really doesn't matter who called who. Those are your words so stand by them. I didn't read anymore into it than what was posted and insinuated by the words YOU posted.

Anything and everything I stated in my previous post still stands.

Old 05-10-2009, 08:16 PM   #35
Casey Hulse
Quote:
I also find it sad that you based your opinion by speaking to one person concerning that thread and not both.
I guess you missed the part where I said
Quote:
Allen called me (out of the blue, never spoken to him before or had any contact with him in my life) regarding a post I made concerning Clarks Geckos and Joe Capone.
We did not discuss any other issues.
I have no opinion of you, I do not know anything about you and i am not judging you.
Quote:
Anything and everything I stated in my previous post still stands.
Me too

Old 05-10-2009, 08:53 PM   #36
Au Duong Phong
If he's known and still in business, he's doing something right.

But I've never dealt with him.

Old 05-10-2009, 09:17 PM   #37
waltah!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Au Duong Phong View Post
If he's known and still in business, he's doing something right.

But I've never dealt with him.
Yeah, I kinda already knew what that was gonna say. Shocker.

Old 05-23-2009, 04:04 PM   #38
showstoppingdragons
I bought from Allen 2 weeks ago and i got .1 Albino and she eats anything u throw at her. He also gave me a het male for free. Dont know if its a true het but i really dont care becuase he's not in my breeding program but free is free and i will take good care of him reguardless what he is. Becuase I love my snakes and dragons and will treat them like my kids. With that said if i have any issues with them u can bet i will post them. I plan on taking them both to the vet after my albino gets done sheeding just for shit and giggles. Like i said if i run across something then i will post it. How about this ill post regaurdless of the out come .... Thanks www.showstoppingdragons.com

Old 05-23-2009, 08:17 PM   #39
Dixie Reptiles
Just maybe the guy that works for Allen now cleans cages instead of taking pictures of them and crying on the B.O.I.

Old 05-23-2009, 11:42 PM   #40
Garret
I did a transaction with Allen about 2 weeks ago for .2 sub-adult Russo hets. In my experience, Allen was very professional, prompt with communication and shipped very quickly. The animals arrived packed well and appear to be in good condition. One has already fed and the other refused her first meal but I have little to no doubt she'll settle in and start eating soon. So far so good and I anticipate doing more business with Allen in the future.

Garret Hebenstreit, Cincinnati, OH.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!