Inquiry Anyone know Bob Mackin??? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-20-2009, 01:38 PM   #1
constrictor79
Thumbs down Anyone know Bob Mackin???

Does anyone know Bob Mackin??? Dealt with him before??? Anyone???

Old 05-20-2009, 03:37 PM   #2
constrictor79
Just wondering if there is anyone who has anything good to say about this guy, he hasnt replied since i sent him money for a snake. Feel like I'm getting scammed. People like this dont help the reptile industry much. Its a business, and he hasnt conducted it in a profesional manner what-so -ever. We have a hard enough time keeping the animals available in this country fighting the bills like HR669, now you cant even get them if you pay for them. NICE!!!!!!!

Old 05-20-2009, 04:39 PM   #3
Laura Fopiano
Robert, not to minimize what has happened to you, please slow down and tell your story.
Start with what you purchased, where do you find him, how you payed for it, and post all emails that pertain to the sale if the animal. When was the animal supposed to be shipped?

Post all emails and any other evidence that would support your claim and then send this person a link to the thread.

Old 05-20-2009, 05:02 PM   #4
constrictor79
Laura, i wrote it all down at the end of Niel gubitz' thread on Bob. I dont have any emails to post on here other than the one reply I got from him telling me the animal was still available if I wanted to purchase it, and that he included his paypal email so that I could pay for it. That was Friday, I have sent about 10 emails, and told him that I would involve paypal and kingsnake if he did not send me a reply. That too was a few days ago, and still nothing. I have since contacted paypal and Kingsnake, both of whom have told me to take action if I feel I'm being scammed. .
That I do!!
Especially with no GOOD threads about him. One even mentions possible poaching of the snake i was to have purchased and HAVE paid for.
I told him I would take this action if I did not hear from him today by 5pm.
Here is his email followed by a few of mine

Hi Rob,
She is still available. The total shipped is $130.00. I can accept Paypal at this email account, ema1689812@aol.com.
Bob
that was friday

Hi Bob, I am sending you the money right now. Please let me know when you recieve it. Shiping for any day next week is fine if it works for you.

thank you,

Rob

All set Bob. I hadnt heard back until today and the ad was pulled. i was a little let down thinking it was sold and I didnt even get a reply. But all is well now, and I have no worries as clearly you sell quite a bit through paypal. Thank you for making her available and let me know if you get any males.

thank you,

Rob

Sunday

Hellooo?????????????? Still there or am I scammed?

Bob, I need to hear from you today to know that I am not scammed, which at this point seems to be what has happened. If I dont hear from you, i will have to contact paypal and kingsnake. i have sent you the money, and 2 emails, with no reply. Please show some courtesy and acknoledge our transaction.

Rob

That was Tuesday

What would you do from here if he doesnt reply to this thread when i send it?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!