Bad Guy Adam Wysocki - No response - Page 26 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-12-2010, 10:16 PM   #251
jglass38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecko_Den View Post
LOL, "she" is one ugly chick...
Randall: You are just jealous. You wish you could have a "chick" as hot as me.

IraqVet: I am a guy. I don't have $5,000 or I would gladly do it. I have $3 and a coupon for $10 off my next oil change. Don't think that will cut it though.

Old 07-12-2010, 10:17 PM   #252
jglass38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecko_Den View Post
LOL, "she" is one ugly chick...
Sorry Sam...Don't know why I attributed this post to Randall. The response still stands!

Old 07-12-2010, 11:20 PM   #253
David Reid
Like Davey Fig pointed out, selling a snake and shipping it out in a timely manner, and receiving money for a snake and waiting two years, and you still did not ship, are two different things. One is a sale of a snake, one is a loan.

Old 07-13-2010, 12:05 AM   #254
zim13
Quote:
Originally Posted by chondrogal View Post
Jamie, there was no witch hunt here. Quite the contrary, Adam's past reputation with many people afforded him the benefit of the doubt but there were still questions that needed to be answered.

It appears that Adam has had some serious life problems that have made keeping in touch with customers a lower priority than in the past. I think most would agree that the OP would not have even come here if communication hadn't broken down.... that is a serious warning sign, most people would understand that.

Questioning his position with NatPet was understandable, you just can't be CEO of a non-profit and not be held accountable for your finances given to that organization. I'm pretty sure that Adam understands this and although it has been unpleasant he certainly seems to be trying to get his professional obligations cared for so that he can perhaps concentrate on more important personal matters for the time being.

I believe that Adam's stepping down from his position at NatPet is more related to whatever is going on in his personal life though and not for financial reasons. Sad as it is, I believe he's doing a good thing for NatPet right now by stepping aside so that he can take care of his personal life. Leaving while still in good standing will help keep the doors wide open for his return in the future should the time come that he is able to do so.

Thank you Andrew for following up with your post with invoices, etc. I have a lot of faith in the overall goodness of the BOI and it's members. It's nice to see a thread like yours come to a good outcome in the end.

This is the most sensible post written the last day or so on this subject....Deborah and Jaime and the overly opinionated really need to follow suit.

Really,this thread is making alot of you look like blind loyalists and major axe-grinders.

Old 07-13-2010, 12:42 AM   #255
Suncoast Herpetological
Quote:
Originally Posted by jglass38 View Post
Really, it isn't that simple. Adam has agreed to repay him but people seem stuck on "2 years". If everyone is stuck on that then there needs to be an explanation of what happened during those 2 years.
I couldn't agree more Jamie with one small alteration...Andrew has presented his proof and everyone but you seems to find it sufficient. If additional detail is needed, the one who needs to provide it is Adam. He is the one who has a vested business interest in clearing this up. He is also conspicuously absent from this thread

Let's not forget who the wronged party is here.

Money changed hands two and a half years ago. Cites can take some time but it is a small fraction of this timeline. the OP has neither product nor a refund. That is 2.5 years with lousy communication and no resolution.

It is indefensible, plain and simple

Old 07-13-2010, 06:33 AM   #256
deborahbroadus
I do want to make clear that I am not debating Adam's worth as a friend and human-being. I see the BOI as a place to debate good or bad Business Practices and an opportunity to clarify behaviors that are or aren't acceptable business actions.

I see being a Good Guy as according to how one conducts business and that's the POV that I support here.

Old 07-13-2010, 01:07 PM   #257
Steve Hamm
Echeck has cleared!

Old 07-13-2010, 01:47 PM   #258
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hamm View Post
Echeck has cleared!
That's great. Another successful transaction!

Old 07-13-2010, 02:05 PM   #259
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hamm View Post
Echeck has cleared!
Thats great news... one down... two to go

Old 07-13-2010, 04:34 PM   #260
Wolfy-hound
As far as a partial payment not meaning the seller is indebted.. umm yes. They are. They hold the money in their hands. If I hold on to your money because you didn't pay the last $5, and ignore all communications, can I just leave without ever giving you the money back or the snake or sending you an email or responding? No, I'm pretty sure it doesn't work that way.

Again, I offer to take $5K from anyone who doesn't see anything wrong in the transaction taking so long. For those that want to split hairs and say 4 months.. okay, you can send $5K and I'll wait 4 months before I agree I'll make some payments to pay you back. Sorry, no interest paid, and if I have "personal issues or finiancial difficulties", I withhold all rights to not pay again, until I feel better about it.

I hope that the one debt paid means that the OP will get his money quickly. I'd like to return to thinking of Adam as a really upstanding guy, but when you do stuff that's wrong, it's not a big difference to say 2 years waiting for snakes that never arrived vs 4 months of waiting for a refund that never arrived. Even though part of the 2 years was legitimate waiting for CITIES to clear.. not all of that 2 years could be said as legitimate waiting for CITIES.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
8ballpythons, adam wysocki, maryland