Bill Leverton SCAMMER beware - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-11-2005, 03:50 PM   #61
critical bill
Hey Bill...

You were offered the ability to send the snake to either James or I at our expense to clear this matter up. Wendy said she would mail you a digital camera. for petes sake. Now youre going to walk away from Fauna after being offered so much assitance to clear your name?

If youre not willing to do what is required to squash this situation then you shouldnt be allowed to surrender your certified good guy status....you should be stripped of it this moment. I'll leave out raking you over the coals because its already begun.

Take one of us up on our offer Bill or Clearwater Reptiles will no doubt go the way of the dodo.

Old 07-11-2005, 03:53 PM   #62
dragonflyreptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch101
Another very generous offer for you Bill. Wendy, that is very nice of you to offer your camera to help clear this all up.
Bill is a good guy in my eyes, always has been and I think if he could take the different angles of pics as requested this would have all been cleared up with out all this mess so the least I can do is offer to loan him my camera to help him out.

Old 07-11-2005, 03:55 PM   #63
Lee Herps
Unfortunately, these are the only photos I kept of the snake. They are the ones I used in the ad when I had him for sale. To answer James question, The snake was packed in a 12" x 12" x 8" box lined with 3/4 Styrofoam. the snake was in a 8.75 inch deli cup with the lid electrical taped shut. The deli cup was placed in the center of the box and surrounded by packing peanuts. The photos of the box were not sent to me. They were posted on webshots.com however they are no longer there. I copied and pasted the email I received from bill below:

"Hey Lee Ups just dropped off the Box, But there is a problem There was a big hole in the side of the box that someone taped over at one point. and other then the packing and the container there was nothing in the box NO SNAKE i have taken pictures of the box and all that was not in there here is where the pics are located....... http://community.webshots.com/user/clearwater_reptiles get back to me on this please Thanks Billy"

I really didn't think Bill was trying to scam me when I received this email because of the good name he has. But it is all so clear to me now.

Thank you, Lee

Old 07-11-2005, 03:56 PM   #64
dragonflyreptiles
Id bet that since my post went through at 3:10 and his at 3:20 and he is a slow typer that he never got my post before his last reply.

Old 07-11-2005, 04:10 PM   #65
Neil Gubitz
Bill.... Even though I STILL say that those are two DIFFERENT snakes (just going by the arrow saddle).... Had you stuck up for yourself in the beginning, instead of folding like a cheap suit, you could have easily taken other pics (somehow) and PROVED your case and kept your "good" name intact.... What you're doing now is NOT what your Grandfather had in mind.... If you KNOW you're right, get a backbone and PROVE IT.... otherwise, you might owe Gramps an apology....

Neil

Old 07-11-2005, 04:21 PM   #66
Rebel Dragons
I have no opinions on the snake comparison as I am not a snake person and have no clue what to look for. I can see differences and likenesses but I don't really know.................

The thing that gets me is this. If I were accused of doing something like this and I know I didn't, I would be fighting tooth and nail to defend myself. Most anyone would I think. I would get a camera, pay a professional to do it, anything.

Bill so quickly offering a refund and wanting this to disappear in my opinion showed a couple signs of guilt. And my opinion had nothing to do with the pictures.

If your "name" and "reputation" are all you have. Why aren't you fighting for them??? I always looked at you as a stand up guy with a great attitude Bill.

If you are innocent fight for it!!!!! If your not come clean and get it off your chest.

Old 07-11-2005, 04:22 PM   #67
hhmoore
Bill,
Let me first say that I understand the whole idea of trying to keep your good name. Since you have committed to sending Lee back the $200, do so. But (on to the meat of the issue) that only does so much, considering the allegation. I came upon this thread several hours too late, and the offer of a digital camera has already been made, but I'm offering one as well. Hell, depending on where in NY you are, I will DRIVE THERE AND TAKE THE PICTURES if that will help. My free time for such a trip is limited (2 jobs, animals, etc) but it can be made to happen, just say the word...up to 4 hrs one way, and I can be there with camera in hand. For the sake of your name, take one of us up on our offer.

Old 07-11-2005, 04:25 PM   #68
snakehorse
photo comparison

I think I can help this discussion by providing the following photos. I took 2 of the known snake and 1 of the "snake in question" and labeled the saddles 1 through 26 starting at the tail (probably backwards, but I'm not an expert). Then I cut and pasted them side by side using adobe photoshop, I have too much time on my hands. haha. Found some very interesting similarities. Here you go for discussion. Check out saddles #10,12, 13, and 14 which are nearly identical with good views (midportion) and #20 (head portion part 2). There are some black specks on #13 which can be lined up very precisely.
that's all for now,
Donna DeYoung
waiting on her first boa - a hypo het albino female
Attached Images

Old 07-11-2005, 04:34 PM   #69
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Gubitz
Bill.... Even though I STILL say that those are two DIFFERENT snakes (just going by the arrow saddle).... Had you stuck up for yourself in the beginning, instead of folding like a cheap suit, you could have easily taken other pics (somehow) and PROVED your case and kept your "good" name intact.... What you're doing now is NOT what your Grandfather had in mind.... If you KNOW you're right, get a backbone and PROVE IT.... otherwise, you might owe Gramps an apology....

Neil
Didn't Bill tell you in a nice way to mind your f u c king business about 4 pages back? Don't you have your hands full playing guardian angel to Sal? You do know his other business that probably netted him way more than he ever scammed in reptiles? Precise Home Remodeling? Ring a bell? Whats his 180 status with those folks?

Is it Neil or Kneel? I guess its all how Sal looks at ya.

Old 07-11-2005, 04:38 PM   #70
Jim O
Bill,

Harald has made an offer that you really cannot refuse. Doing so at this point is an admission of guilt in my opinion. Only a person who does not wish to restore his name would walk away from such an offer. You say that you have a lot going on in your life. Is financial troubles one of them? After all, you sold your digital camera? You're selling most of your snakes? You can't refund $200 for 10 days (seems a long time for someone who has bought and sold over a hundred Boas)? If that's what it is and you admit it, then in the long run people will understand. But to walk away will always leave people wondering.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!