Odd Super Sulfur - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-02-2009, 01:47 PM   #1
David Reid
Odd Super Sulfur

This snake just hatched out from a Sulfur Mojave bred to the original Sulfur female. It has the Black Eyed Lucy blotches, but they form a complete stripe down its back. The really cool thing is, it has purple speckles down its back too. That ain't vermiculite

Dave

Old 08-02-2009, 01:54 PM   #2
mvite
Congrats--that thing is awesome. I had a BEL from a FirexFire breeding last year but I sold him.

That's one powerful snake! Great job--and congrats again!

added: It almost looks like a mojave pied or something.

Old 08-02-2009, 02:00 PM   #3
David Reid
You know what is funny Mark, when I first saw it pip, I thought the head looked funny, like he had scratched it against the egg or something, looked bruised. But, now I know the head is just colored instead of being white

Dave

Old 08-02-2009, 05:01 PM   #4
Miss Tuniwha
DANG!!!!!!!!!!! That is an amazing looking snake!! I can't wait to see photos as it grows!

Old 08-02-2009, 05:33 PM   #5
jglass38
Beautiful snake! I don't know much about Sulfurs. Is there a hidden gene with them or will all supers produce a Black Eyed Leucistic?

Old 08-02-2009, 05:39 PM   #6
David Reid
The original female does not look like any other adult Sulfur or Fire. She may just be older than dirt, or, she could have a hidden gene. Eric produced a Super Sulfur last year that had yellow blotches, and one that did not have yellow blotches. It could have something to do with the Mojave gene being present too. This snake was produced by a Sulfur Mojave male, bred to the original female.

Old 08-02-2009, 05:40 PM   #7
jglass38
It's gorgeous...I need to get going with my BEL project! I don't own a Fire or a Sulfur.

Old 08-02-2009, 05:52 PM   #8
Mooing Tricycle
Alright! now that has me interested.... MORE PICS DAVID more Pics!! I loved them yellow splotches from the start, but THAT is just intense! Very unique indeed!!! Something id want in my collection abso-freakin-lutely!!!

Old 08-02-2009, 06:04 PM   #9
David Reid
Jamie, Sulfur males are pretty affordable. Breed a male Sulfur to a Pastel, and make the best looking Pastels out there. Then eventually breed Sulfur to Sulfur, and see what pops out

Alicia, I was taking some nice, new pics, and the battery died, literally right when I got the perfect pose! New full body pics and macro pics on the way, waiting for a battery to charge is worse than waiting for eggs to pip!

Glad you all like the snake, it is honesly, mind blowing in person. I am all for clean and white Lucies, but damn....

Dave

Old 08-02-2009, 06:55 PM   #10
David Reid
New pics

Enjoy, these look pretty close to how nice the snake looks in person.

Dave

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!