How To Purchase A Domain - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 10-18-2004, 12:54 PM   #1
jaamkrell
How To Purchase A Domain

I want to buy a domain name and I'm not sure how to go about it. I have found companies that "rent" you a domain name but what happens when they go under? Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Old 10-18-2004, 02:36 PM   #2
Mark and Aimee
I registered our domain names here:

http://www.voxdomains.com/

Flawless.

Old 10-18-2004, 02:42 PM   #3
beakgeek
godaddy.com is the cheapest out there. I registered two domains with them and have not had any issues. I have my sites hosted on a friend's webserver and have been very happy.

Regards,

Terry

Old 10-19-2004, 11:15 PM   #4
Jeremy Letkey
I registered my domain with godaddy as well as use their hosting and so far i am very pleased.

Old 10-20-2004, 01:16 AM   #5
jaamkrell
Thanks. I will check them out.

Old 10-20-2004, 11:05 AM   #6
WebSlave
I have all of my domains registered with DirectNIC.com. They were the only domain hosting company I could find that gave me all of the tools I needed at one place.

GoDaddy is cheaper, but they lacked some tools I needed. Plus when it came time to transfer some of my domains to another host, they fought me tooth and nail and used every excuse in the book to drag their feet.

Old 10-20-2004, 12:57 PM   #7
beakgeek
Webslave

Do you mean that you transferred the domains to another service besides godaddy and they had an issue?

I had to change Domain Name Servers with my web hosting company and it was just a matter of changing the DNS server name on godaddy.

Regards,

Terry

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!