quick question? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-09-2007, 07:03 PM   #1
mike_honcho
Question quick question?

just looking to see how everybody feels on this subject. i guess if i were to buy one as a pet maybe, but does anyone pay that extra $200 for those "CRAZY LOOKING", "IMAGINE THE POSSIBILTIES", "HAS TO BE A NEW MORH"type of ads really advertising just normals? do people really sell them? just tends to be a million of those ads out there. OH and I love the most famous ad of all. pastelish ball python. cant find that morph anywhere on the ineternet. just ranting and thanks to anyone who listened. let me know how you feel either way.

Old 05-09-2007, 07:13 PM   #2
SPJ
It would have to be SUPER special and really catch my eye to pay extra for one.
I have spent LOTS on a single snake so if one that looks like it has potential caught my eye, I might be tempted to pay a bit more for it.

Old 05-09-2007, 07:27 PM   #3
shrap
I typically laugh and just add that person to my "pay no mind list" when they advertise that way.

Old 05-09-2007, 07:56 PM   #4
mike_honcho
i usually avoid and dont pay it anymore attention as well. just my opinion

Old 05-09-2007, 08:09 PM   #5
jasballs
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_honcho
i usually avoid and dont pay it anymore attention as well. just my opinion
Well, You have to realize, That alot of herpers take in trades and really dont know what a cinny or yb are. You would be suprised at what is actually out there. How many people baught 1 bp as a pet at there first show 10 years ago? And now they have no room for them. Anyone out there keeping one bp as a pet and not being up to date in the bp world. Could have a morph and not know it..

Old 05-09-2007, 08:23 PM   #6
mike_honcho
i do totally agree with you there but i would have to say that would be an extremly isolated event. but could easily happen. i said i avoid the ads but that doesnt mean i wont check it out. i do look at what may be a good deal with it usually turns out to look like a complete normal. thanks for the input.

Old 05-09-2007, 08:38 PM   #7
jasballs
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_honcho
i do totally agree with you there but i would have to say that would be an extremly isolated event. but could easily happen. i said i avoid the ads but that doesnt mean i wont check it out. i do look at what may be a good deal with it usually turns out to look like a complete normal. thanks for the input.
Local Newspapers and pet shops!!

Old 05-10-2007, 12:44 AM   #8
Pink Lady Exotics
I'm willing to pay for weird-looking animals because even if they don't prove out, I like to have "prettier than normal" normals.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!